Lightening up

vikegirl

I have a simple question about brightness on most of the maps and after reading the forums I know that most of you are like ET brainiacs and probably know every in and out of the game, so I hope one of you smart guys or girls can help me...

Most of the maps I play on are really dark and I was wondering if someone can tell me how to lighten it up so I can actually see what i'm shooting at.

On the classic Return to Castle Wolfenstein there was a command you could type and it was:

/r_intensity 3

followed by a /vid_restart for the changes to take effect.

I am wondering if this would be a valid command for ET or would it get me kicked for being an abnormal setting? I certainly don't want people to think i'm trying to hack because although my game play could use the boost (haha) I prefer to be a fair loser than a cheating winner.

:thanks Thanks for any info you can give. :thanks

<3 Your pal Vike

yeah this is actually really simple just boot up et goto options>System>calibrate brightness

this shall answer your question and fix this problem NOW GO FORTH AND FRAG!

i use 1.30 brightness never have a problem seeing hope this helps

Try adding this to your autoexec.cfg file.... you can switch on the fly as maps change.

set gamma225 "echo r_gamma 2.25; seta r_gamma 2.25; set switch_gamma vstr gamma190;"

set gamma190 "echo r_gamma 1.90; seta r_gamma 1.90; set switch_gamma vstr gamma170;"

set gamma170 "echo r_gamma 1.70; seta r_gamma 1.70; set switch_gamma vstr gamma225;"

set switch_gamma "vstr gamma225"

bind "j" "vstr switch_gamma"

Obviously bind it to whatever key you want.