Terrorism in Norway

bell reavue

My heart goes out to all the Norwegians, especially those who knew someone that was killed or injured.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/07/23/norway.explosion/index.html?iref=BN1&hpt=hp_t1

Do you think this has much to do with the situation in the Middle East? If so, does this mean other European countries involved in the wars are also vulnerable?

This was a lone wolf. A man that was crazy. This is not an act of Islamic fundamentalism. 1 a**h**** with a police uniform and several guns that went on a killing spree. Sad. So many people killed and wounded for no reason. So many lives destroyed for what? Nothing. Pointless violence.

In my eyes everyone is vulnerable to terrorism nobody is immune i too honor the loss of the campers

I was more surprised, Norway seems kind of random. There are a lot of countries involved and Norway isn't that large. The shooter arrested was Norwegian, and it makes more sense that it was just him. But he pulled the shooting and the bombing outside of the prime minister's office? :hmm

• Administrators

My sincere condolences for all who are suffering in Norway ..so tragic.

Religious fundamentalism is a cancer of this planet.

So far there aren't any indications that his motives had anything to do with religious fundamentalism.

It has something to do with it. They found a 1500 site pamphlet of him in some Nazi Forums. So sick.

I know there are some fanatic People outside, but this ... i cant find words for it.

I wonder how people couldnt see his sickness. He must have talked about his ideology but no one took him and his sickness serious enough?

Damning indictment of modern society

Fanaticism, religious or political, is a disease that causes people to commit barbaric acts inhuman. This has always been with us throughout history, still present, and will remain unfortunately.

Anders Behring Breivik killed about 86 ppl. He is in arrest now, he said he wants to join the tribunal wearing soldier's uniform.

He joined barred windows now. Today i read that he acquit his guilt. Just shows how sick he is. They shouldnt allow someone like him to have any contact to communication media ever again. Thats just what he wanted.

This guy was a political terrorist who was trying to direct public attention to what he believed to be a social problem. He was a right-wing nationalist, like Adolph Hitler or Timothy McVeigh, who believed violence against innocent people was an appropriate way to effect political change in his society.

I think he knew exactly what he was doing, although his evil plan has failed and already backfired. Peace-loving Norwegians have united in horror and increased their resolve to maintain an inclusive society that tolerates other religions. So he is a pathetic failure like most terrorists.