Enemy Territory Auto pk3 cleaner

daredevil

• 1 year later...

guys iam having problem with this pk3 file.....i runned the pk3 cleaner ..yup it created me more problems , saying 2 to 3 pk3 files missing

also re-installed ET ...still have the problem , i cant enter the jay mod servers .

HeLp Me pLzZ

guys iam having problem with this pk3 file.....i runned the pk3 cleaner ..yup it created me more problems , saying 2 to 3 pk3 files missing

also re-installed ET ...still have the problem , i cant enter the jay mod servers .

HeLp Me pLzZ

PK3 Cleaner never created any prob afaik.. Even before being member or being registred on forum, I had downloaded and used many times this program to clean my install. It has surely and simply pointed at an already existing probleme in your install.

My advice here would be:

-backup your ETkey and your config (if you don't have any config but did some settings in game, then backup the file etconfig present in C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\jaymod\profiles\name. You can rename it with your nickname and execute it once ET reinstalled to recover all your settings\bindings).

-uninstall PK3Cleaner and ET.

-delete the hidden folder "PunkBuster" in C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Punkbuster or use Windows Explorer in typing simply "Punkbuster" in the search bar.

-run CCleaner (both tools "cleaner" & "registry").

-reboot.

-reinstall ET first and then PK3Cleaner.

-copy\past your ETkey and your config in ETmain folder.

-not an obligation but in case, you can copy\past your ETkey also in C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Punkbuster\ET\etmain to avoid conflicts.

To unhide and to allow you to see the folder AppData in Windows7, follow the steps mentioned below:

a. launch Windows Explorer and choose Organize->Folder and search options:
nCvmq.png

b. select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.

163130d1309812045-file-folder-hide-unhid
c. uncheck Hide protected operating system files.
d. click OK.

I also advise you to re-hide those folders and to keep this setting in this state once cleaning finished. This will avoid you some wrong handlings.

Edited by Ann!b@l
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Will this delete maps?

No pk3 cleaner will not delete map unless the map names contains specific characters often used in custom pk3 files. If you want to delete maps, you can try Disk Cleanup in RestoreET Extended and select the maps option. The link for RestoreET Extended is in F|A Downloads Section under ET Softwares. Thank you.

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

Hello, not sure if to reply here or just make new topic. I noticed a little problem with pk3 cleaner version 13, for legacy client.

After running pk3 cleaner, i had problems joining nq1 server. Getting this error with zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.pk3  (also made extra folder named noquarter)

nq pk3.jpg

After deleting that zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.pk3 file from Documents-> ETLegacy -> nq. Problem went away. Just reporting this, didn't find any information about this exact problem at forums.

Edited by Tukkonen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Tukkonen said:

After deleting that zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.pk3 file from Documents-> ETLegacy -> nq. Problem went away. Just reporting this, didn't find any information about this exact problem at forums.

I assume you had those issues as you were on a legacy install and the cleaner is probably more 2.60b specific.

If you already had 2.60b and then installed legacy on top the folders would be correct as legacy installs to the 2.60b folders.

If you install just legacy on its own then yes you would probably have to point it to the correct folders etc as you have done as legacy changes the default locations. 

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 2

• Administrators

We will update pk3 cleaner to accommodate, cleaning of ETL files as well. Currently it's only doing 2.6b location by default or where you pointed to. I mean manually you can run it twice but we will make it smart. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • 100 1

On 1/7/2023 at 12:39 AM, daredevil said:

We will update pk3 cleaner to accommodate, cleaning of ETL files as well. Currently it's only doing 2.6b location by default or where you pointed to. I mean manually you can run it twice but we will make it smart. 

Manually pointed to ETL, as i'm not using 2.6b and they are installed in separate folders 😄 Used that ETLegacy pk3 cleaner version and just feels that this nq folder zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.pk3 file is faulty for ETLegacy and removing it fixes connection problem for server. For other mods those files does not have a single problem. Will wait for update and test that 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1