While playing on the Hardcore no martyr server, I noticed that a lot of people, especially between 12 A.M.-5 A.M. Eastern time, that join the server join from different countries in Europe. Most of these people will come in with last stand, grenade launchers and/or martyrdom. However because many of them do not speak English it is hard for them to understand the rules. But if there was a way we could have it when a person joins the server it also gives us a general location of where they're joining from i.e. if someone joins from Poland the welcome message would include the person's name and that they're joining from Poland. That way if they are breaking the rules someone could just open up say Google translate from English to their language so we know that they get the warnings. We had a problem player join the server and it took us 10 minutes just to find out where he was from and try to explain the rules to him. It didn't help that there were even more people joining from different countries.

Well, just a tip, but a lot of Polish players have their name and PL at the end. Seen some german plays have GER at the end, etc. Unless we access their exact IP, this may not be possible.

The thing is with that General is not everybody adds the abbreviations to their name. And I know they have the system I'm talking about in most steam games like CS:S and TF2. But I'm not sure how exactly it works :/

But if there was a way we could have it when a person joins the server it also gives us a general location of where they're joining from i.e. if someone joins from Poland the welcome message would include the person's name and that they're joining from Poland.

That wouldn't be a half bad idea, problem is I'm not sure how anyone would code it, sounds like it would take a lot (then again for all I know it could be the easiest thing ever)

The problem with google translate is that it's not all that accurate :\

We have commands for foreign languages...I am not familiar with them but Doobie and GI Joe are for sure. They will post them here to share with all.

It's been posted in the private section, not supposed to share links from there so I'm just gonna re-type it:

Foreign language commands on COD4 servers (except maybe TDM LOW PING) are

For some reason some of these are backwards, but as long as you can remember that they're pretty simple to memorize

Polish

!nolp - No Last stand

!nomp - No Grenade Launchers

!nogp - No Martyrdom

German

!nolg - No Last stand (does not work for some reason)

!nomg - No Grenade Launchers

!nogg - No Martyrdom

French

!nolf - No Last stand

!nomf - No Grenade Launchers

!nogf - No Martyrdom

Edited by GI-JOE

Polish

!nolp - No Last stand

!nomp - No Grenade Launchers

!nogp - No Martyrdom

German

!nolg - No Last stand (does not work for some reason)

!nomg - No Grenade Launchers

!nogg - No Martyrdom

French

!nolf - No Last stand

!nomf - No Grenade Launchers

!nogf - No Martyrdom

Wow that actually helps a lot, thanks. I guess I'll just have to make do by any means to figure out other people's languages if these don't cover it.

@ch11: I always thought that that was the point in this topic, but it hasn't been caught on yet I think?

I just checked, but I don't think it would be very easy to implement this. It can be done though :)

@solja: no, "bug"