my et is crashing again

pedrorocks uk

I would not defragment the harddrive. Could have a bad ending

Why not. Ofcourse backups in every week would be nice, because harddrive could just give up on you. But if you have 15% free space in HD so system can move files then I don´t see what harm it can do. Ofc theres 1% failure rate but if system is set order (and defragmentation does this) then performance rises little bit or if filesystem is really messed up then after defragmentation performance rises drastically. Haven´t yet heard that it has had bad consequence, and if your HD is faulty then it brakes down sooner or later, with or without deframgent;)

I have the same Problem somtimes. The only thing that works for me is restarting the PC and also the Net.

The same happens with my pc but I do not have to restart the network.

Did u reinstalled Wolfenstein? Try this.

If you have still lags, try to take your Resolution lower. ( Options > System )

Could you play in the past lagfree? If not, is maybe the graphic-card to low for the game.

Wolfenstein™: Enemy Territory™ Minimum System Requirements

* Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP OS (Windows NT 4.0 not recommended for clients)

* 100% Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP compatible system (including all 32bit drivers)

* Intel® Pentium® III 600Mhz processor or AMD equivalent

* 128 MB RAM

* 32 MB 100% fully OpenGL® compliant 3-D video card

* Microsoft® DirectX® 8.1 or higher (not included)

* 271 MB free hard disk space for game files

* 500 MB free hard disk space for swap files

* 100% Microsoft® Windows® compatible keyboard

* 100% Microsoft® Windows® compatible mouse

* 100% Microsoft® Windows® compatible sound card

* For internet play, 100% Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP compatible 56.6k modem or better internet connection. 56.6k modem play is not recommended for games with more than 8 players total; broadband players should be able to handle up to 32 depending on their connection with the server on which they're playing.

The following video cards were fully tested with Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory:

GeForce 4 Ti 4600

GeForce 4 MX

GeForce 3

GeForce 2 Ultra

GeForce 2 MX

GeForce256

Radeon 8500/64

Radeon 7200/64

Radeon 9700 Pro/128

Xabre 400

Greetz

Why not. Ofcourse backups in every week would be nice, because harddrive could just give up on you. But if you have 15% free space in HD so system can move files then I don´t see what harm it can do. Ofc theres 1% failure rate but if system is set order (and defragmentation does this) then performance rises little bit or if filesystem is really messed up then after defragmentation performance rises drastically. Haven´t yet heard that it has had bad consequence, and if your HD is faulty then it brakes down sooner or later, with or without deframgent;)

Well your right. Usually it is not dangerous. But if the HD is to old, it can't defragment all back in the time. Also you should not do a defragmentation more then 1-2 times in a month.

In the programms where you can do a defragmentation is regular an other programm for clean your System Registry. NEVER do that, it will not boost up your system.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post. :embrass

Edited by RoheGewalt