my et is crashing again

pedrorocks uk

sorry should of been more precise,its like lag but it never stops,i have to press my windows button then end program to get rid of it and load it again.

the same as it was before zuthus,if you can remember lol

But it's like because of your Ping/Connection or it 'freezes' ?

I think he means that when he is on the server, he gets little lags and they never stop. Sometimes it just freezes and he have to open the tastmanager to close the programm.

Now back to the problem,I think it is because your GPU is probably broken. Did you have overclock your System? If yes, bring it to a PC shop and look if you need to buy a new one.

I hope it helped you.

Greetz

Edited by RoheGewalt

whats my GPU? is it the CPU?

thats a bit drastic that :blink: :blink:

i hope its not anything to do with my hardware and hope its just a software problem.

no i didnt have it overclocked and its just an old dell im playing on.dimension 5150 to be exact

i hope its not anything to do with my hardware and hope its just a software problem.

no i didnt have it overclocked and its just an old dell im playing on.dimension 5150 to be exact

I am not sure..

But can if you run other games (both , singleplayer/multiplayer) then your system is not having problems.

and BTW Why dont u just reinstall ET to fix problems related to it?

It is your graphics board. When u are on other servers do you have the lags also?

Try to change your resolution to 640 x 480 on Options > System, then connect to the server and look if the lag is still there.

The hardware is very old..If the lags still don't stop after u have changed the resolution bring your Pc to a shop and

check if anything is broken.

Greetz

Edited by RoheGewalt

antimony,i re-installed et only a couple of months ago,it sorted the problem out temporarily but it seems to have come back.

is that my only option to re-install do you think?

U better reinstall it and see if it fixes the problem. It takes only 5 minutes...