How to download videos from YouTube

Zuthus

I'm sure all of you needed a YouTube video sometime for a project or just for fun. Well I've been doing some research and I think I've found the best way to download them. I used it and it seems to work.

Use the FreeYouTubeDownloader

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxP674UxA6g&feature=player_embedded

Why do I need a YouTube Downloader?

There are many reasons to download videos from websites such as YouTube to your hard drive. Here are just a few examples;

main-tilted-400x222.png

You want to view the video on a mobile device or phone such as an iPod, iPad, iPhone, MP3-player, MP4-player, Zune, PSP, ...

You have a slow internet connection or you're viewing HD video, which causes buffering delays while streaming video.

You want to make sure you don't lose the video when it's removed or altered by YouTube or by the author.

You're only interested in a specific part of the video and you'd like to cut out any parts you don't need.

Download

Step 1: Start YouTube Downloader

Start YouTube Downloader by clicking the desktop or Quick Launch shortcut. The main window should then appear.

main-640x240.png

Step 2: Choose a video to download

Enter a YouTube URL (for example "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7gK3W9yg60") choose an output format and the preferred quality of the video, then click "Download". The application will now proceed to download and convert your video.

converting-640x240.png

Step 3: Finished!

As soon as YouTube Downloader has finished processing the file, you can open it using your favorite media player.

folder-dirty-dancing.png

YouTubeDownloader.com is not affiliated with YouTube™ or any of its partners. YouTube™ is a registered trademark of Google Inc.

Sources: My Mind and http://youtubedownloader.com/

Edited by Fearless Staff

This software is for noobs....

Just get Video DownloadHelper (Add on for Firefox). Its much better...

Just use VLC player or use K-Lite codec pack to view videos. But if you download highest quality video available, most of the time it is in mp4 format..

Not sure if it's ilegal , didn't think of that :unsure:

About the quality if you hit like HD, it look alright ;)

There are many different ways, just trying to help :)

VLC player ...seems I read something about making your computer a server for others to

download the VLC player install program, this was in their terms and conditions. Not that, that would be a big deal but it still bothers me.

I always question things that are free on the internet. Logic tells me that why would

someone spend time and effort into something that was not going to pay off.

I used it in the past on my old computer but have not needed it with my current

computer.

It was a good program, played almost everything thrown at it.

yes watch where you get it from ...so many bad people are using this as a front to bait

people into their traps

here is the link for one I used the couple of times I needed a video from youtube... you just copy the share link on the video and go to their site and they turn it into a video you can play on media player. Quality seemed ok but you can get the HD link from youtube and that worked pretty good for me.

http://www.savevid.com/

Edited by JohnWayne

isnt that illegal ?

Not sure if it's ilegal , didn't think of that :unsure:

About the quality if you hit like HD, it look alright ;)

There are many different ways, just trying to help :)

Well I can say Youtube doesn't like it and I think that by using this you violate their terms of use. Will take some look after work.

Well I can say Youtube doesn't like it and I think that by using this you violate their terms of use. Will take some look after work.

This is what I found :) :

Yes and no. This is a shady area of copyright infringement. While is it illegal to download from company pages and videos, such as from music companies, technically most users don't have "copyrighted" material unless they actually have gone through the process of.

Best NOT to do it