multiple config probs..

OMFG_A_BUNNY

this has me stumped.. for months.. i have used different configs and names in the past and every once in a while ET will just chose one for me besides my default one.. WTF?? i got use to it when i played silent but now this is just a pain in the ass.. how do i clean all of these out for good? i thought i had done it in the past but i guess not.... my name, settings and everything has changed... and of course when i go to different servers each clan wants to add their own boot up screen and all of that crap... hell i bet there must be over 2 gigs of shit i have downloaded for all of these different servers.. bastards.. idk who im calling bastards but it seems suiting right now :P

If I remember correctly, Your default name will only appear at servers where you never been to before, if you change your name while on a server, when you return it will use the last name you used for that server. My suggestions would be to try and issue the following command which will set the default name permanently.

\seta name <yourname>

If I remember correctly seta as opposed to set will make the name defaul in your default config permanent. You could also simply create an autoexec.cfg file and place it in your etmain folder. Inside you can setup a name script like I have here for myself.

// name toggle
set gamename1 "set nameset set name ^7Novice; set nextname vstr gamename2; echo ^?#^0!^7 Name: ^7Novice" 
set gamename2 "set nameset set name ^?=^9F^7|^9A^?=^7Novice; set nextname vstr gamename3; echo ^?#^0!^7 Name: ^?=^9F^7|^9A^?=^7Novice"
set gamename3 "set nameset set name ^?.^9bb^?.^7jACk; set nextname vstr gamename4; echo ^?#^0!^7 Name: ^?.^9bb^?.^7jACk"
set gamename4 "set nameset set name ^8Puta^9*; set nextname vstr gamename5; echo ^?#^0!^7 Name: ^9Puta^8*" 
set gamename5 "set nameset set name ^0=^1*^0=^9^7CELEBRO; set nextname vstr gamename1; echo ^?#^0!^7 Name: ^0=^1*^0=^9^7CELEBRO" 
set nextname "vstr gamename1" 
bind F9 "vstr nextname" 
bind F10 "vstr nameset"

You have to replace you game handles twice in each line the first is for actually setting the name, and the second is to echo on the screen which handle is currently selected. When you join a server you can then Press F9 to cycle through the names, once its on the one you want Press F10 and it will change to that handle.

Hope this helps.

and of course when i go to different servers each clan wants to add their own boot up screen and all of that crap... hell i bet there must be over 2 gigs of shit i have downloaded for all of these different servers.. bastards.. idk who im calling bastards but it seems suiting right now :P

pk3 cleaner

• Administrators

this has me stumped.. for months.. i have used different configs and names in the past and every once in a while ET will just chose one for me besides my default one.. WTF?? i got use to it when i played silent but now this is just a pain in the ass.. how do i clean all of these out for good? i thought i had done it in the past but i guess not.... my name, settings and everything has changed... and of course when i go to different servers each clan wants to add their own boot up screen and all of that crap... hell i bet there must be over 2 gigs of shit i have downloaded for all of these different servers.. bastards.. idk who im calling bastards but it seems suiting right now :P

Run this command and attach the txt file here.

dir "Path\to\game\folder" /s > game_files.txt

Example:

dir "D:\games\wolf 2.6b" /s > game_files.txt

Each mod (ETPub, Silent, Jaymod, No Quarter, ETPro, etc.) stores its own settings, that are separate from those of every other mod. Therefore, if you go play on FA Hardcore (Silent mod) and load your settings/name there, they wont be the same when you join FA #1 (Jaymod, as I recall).

The settings for each individual mod are stored in:

?:\Path_to_Wolfenstein_ET_Folder\mod_name(e.g. "jaymod")\profiles\your_profile_name\etconfig.cfg

Each mod stores its own settings there, and nothing is shared between mods.

My recommendation would be one of two things:

1) If you already have your own config file, place it in your etmain folder. Then, whenever your settings change, you can just "/exec autoexec" in the console to regain them.

2) Go to a server/mod where you have your settings the way you like them, and do "/writeconfig myconfig.cfg". That will make a config called "myconfig.cfg", in the folder of the mod you're currently playing, with the current settings. You can then move that file to your etmain folder and load it as needed (with the same command as above, just using whatever you name the .cfg file instead of autoexec).

Edited by Brisk

Each mod (ETPub, Silent, Jaymod, No Quarter, ETPro, etc.) stores its own settings, that are separate from those of every other mod. Therefore, if you go play on FA Hardcore (Silent mod) and load your settings/name there, they wont be the same when you join FA #1 (Jaymod, as I recall).

The settings for each individual mod are stored in:

?:\Path_to_Wolfenstein_ET_Folder\mod_name(e.g. "jaymod")\profiles\your_profile_name\etconfig.cfg

Each mod stores its own settings there, and nothing is shared between mods.

My recommendation would be one of two things:

1) If you already have your own config file, place it in your etmain folder. Then, whenever your settings change, you can just "/exec autoexec" in the console to regain them.

2) Go to a server/mod where you have your settings the way you like them, and do "/writeconfig myconfig.cfg". That will make a config called "myconfig.cfg", in the folder of the mod you're currently playing, with the current settings. You can then move that file to your etmain folder and load it as needed (with the same command as above, just using whatever you name the .cfg file instead of autoexec).

ahh thanks! i will try this tonight.... it just gets aggravating when some nights everything is running nice and smooth then the next night everything is running choppy and the screen rez is 900 by 700 or some crap..

but thanks everybody for your input!