Where are my NQ screenshots?

darkfang77

I took a few ss on NQ 2.55 today by typing /autoscreenshot in console, and then later when I tried to retrieve him through the c:/Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory/NQ mod. I couldn't find the folder usually named "screenshots" which I find in the Jaymod folder.

AFAIK, my W:ET.exe runs as Administrator, I am running Windows Vista. And this has only occurred on NQ mod so far (I caught a monster kill on Caen 2 and wanted it for safekeeping). General search for "screenshots" on window search hasn't found anything save the Jaymod folder.

Yes I have referred to all the relevant tutorials but they have not helped me.

Since I'm asking, are there any other ways to take ss's apart from print screen? I run dual screens sometimes so the print screen button doesn't always work.

If you take SS you have the SS find it. I ran vista a year ago and it saved me to weird locations. Like Users/application data etc. Also try to make hidden folders visible becoz my SSs was saved in a hidden folder(took me a month to find them) Also when you take SS write some information about when it writes the names and you can search for that on the whole computer.

If none works you can use xfire but it makes kinda low quality pics :/

If you take SS you have the SS find it. I ran vista a year ago and it saved me to weird locations. Like Users/application data etc. Also try to make hidden folders visible becoz my SSs was saved in a hidden folder(took me a month to find them) Also when you take SS write some information about when it writes the names and you can search for that on the whole computer.

If none works you can use xfire but it makes kinda low quality pics :/

Do you know where you started? I have lots and lots of clutter in my computer b/c my whole family use it + I have like 1 TB or more HD. What are ss from NQ usually called by default? I can try and search for a fragment of the default name.

I really don't know much about the code side of W:ET, all I do to take screenshots is basically type /autoscreenshot in the console, I don't know anything about naming it until I open the screenshot folder.

Have searched for .jpgs and reordered by date. Nothing except the other jpegs, although I did find a jpeg from the year 2049.

Have searched for "caen" as it was the map name, only the .pk3 came up.

In my other unnamed ss in my jaymod screenshot folder, the ss are usually named in the date, then 6 numbers, then map name.

So I guess there's some sort of bug that means NQ ss does not save.

Unless there are any other solutions, I'll assume that the most epic Monster Kill in Caen 2 NQ mod is lost.

Since this is bumped, make sure you're also running ET as administrator or SS/Demos/Condumps wont save.. (see link in my sig for tutorial).

are u sure you are taking screenshot?

I just took a screenshot from Nq 2.55 to double check.

The embarassing thing is, a "screenshot" folder popped up, but it did not contain the original ss I was hoping to find, only the new one. I'm am absolutely positive that I took the original ss correctly (i.e, /autoscreenshot) so I'm putting this down to a bug/error of some sort.