Finally I knew it was possible!

Mattle

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I obviously know what the hell it is? In case you do not, the thing you see on the handle of the shopping cart is a coin mechanism, when we go shopping here, all the carts are locked to each other and you have to put in a coin ($0.25 cents here) and it would release the carts from the other shopping carts. Obviously the chain for this particular cart has been stretched/messed with, because in theory you are not supposed to be able to spin it around and insert it back into the slot, which releases the coin, that is done by the other cart you put yours into. The entire purpose of this system is not to prevent people from stealing the carts (although the ones here have a system that locks the wheels when it leaves the parking lot) it is simply to encourage the customers to return the carts and retrieve their original coin. To make matters worse, we now have homeless people in the parking lot asking to return them in return for keeping the coin.

Do you understand now why I posted what I said?

No supermarket I've ever been to locks their stupid carts together. Do not talk down to me, I- along with others- had no idea what it was and you-knowing what it is- didn't explain it. Sorry I didn't get aroused by this...and, uh-still don't. <_<

Ok I will try to explain, again.

Those carts are supposed to locks to each other. There is one cart, the first is locked somewhere and you bring your cart there, why becoz you did pay 1 euro or idk a coin to rent it which you get back if you can connect another cart in it. So it guarantee the supermarket that they dont loose their cart. But on this picture this cart is plugged by its own chain means it gave back the coin and they can now stole or just let it anywhere in the supermarket, becoz you no longer have your coin in it. To avoid it 99% of the time the chain is shorter by just 1 centi metre or less and everybody tries to plug it into itself becoz of lazyness but you know we all fail. On this picture somehow it was possible maybe a error during the creation of this cart or some other way the chain is long enough and thats what we laugh at.

Hope you can understand it :)

No supermarket I've ever been to locks their stupid carts together. Do not talk down to me, I- along with others- had no idea what it was and you-knowing what it is- didn't explain it. Sorry I didn't get aroused by this...and, uh-still don't. <_<

+1

The only place I know of that locks carts together is Aldi's and I've never been there (there are closer places, etc). Other than that, of the many stores I've been to with shopping carts I have seen 0 with a similar system. I'm guessing it's more popular in Europe due to the "common knowledge" remarks, but common knowledge here, at least, is shopping carts that can easily be stolen or left abandoned in the parking lot. I see the point of them - just haven't seen a place that sees the need to have them.

If I ever go to Aldi's I'll pray for a cart like this :P

Guess this technology is too superior for Alabama :P

never seen one in mah life!

Chill. Seriously. He wasn't "talking down" at you. Besides, these carts are common knowledge at Aldi's everywhere. Sorry if you don't know what it is, but there is something called google.

1eaw0h.png

Seriously guys, it's not that hard to figure out.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

From this diagram, you can see that if you're able to lock the cart's own chain with the part where the other cart locks into that cart, then you don't have to pay to use a cart.

I was not trying to talk down to you I'm sorry. Just did not feel like I needed to explain something that I thought was very common guess not dntknw.gif

Well as a little child I tried this already for a long time, I'm glad that somebody succeeded to proove that it's possible :thanks

And wtf is an Aldi's? I wasn't butthurt enoguh to google it, but whatever. :rolleyes:

He did mean Aldi, a supermarket chain where you can by your food at low cost. It's spreaded across Europe.

Seem's like a common thing across the eastern part of the hemisphere. NO grocery store I've been to in the US has this. Kinda pointless especially if your only putting a quarter or so in. Only place I've really seen it is the cart's at the airport you get 50 cents back for putting a cart in.