Sign in to follow this  
West*

800x600

Question

:hmm

Hello I have a problem company

Every time I start the game over xfirea ET is ordered in 800x600 resolution. After setting my monitor supports 1280x1024 you, so I need to swap each time the settings to the desired dimension. Who knows why and how to edit

thanks

8 answers to this question

Post your config using code BBCode.

XFire probably launches the game with the settings in your etmain/profiles/name/etconfig.cfg

Try making sure everything is set correctly in there as well (or xfire allows you to add command line properties {e.g. a "+exec myconfig.cfg"} when you launch games).

Another way to fix this would be to add a file to your etmain directory called "autoexec.cfg". This file will always be ran when ET starts. To have it fix your resolution, put these lines in the .cfg:

seta r_mode -1
seta r_customwidth 1280
seta r_customheight 1040

r_mode -1 is custom resolution settings, and r_customwidth/height provide the custom parameters.

Hope this helps.

-RoGue

hi

thanks for the effort tried all the particulars yet but I will not attempt success :hmm

thanks

Do you use autoexec.cfg? or default config game?

if it's not then go to your etmain folder and check if there a file named autoexec.cfg and if you find it... then just copy past the file to this thread.

:cry Thanks for the advice I tried to install a new game then it may be better

I hope ha ha ..... :hmm

why reinstalling? if it's a config problem then you just need to change it, if not, reinstalling won't fix anything. It makes you waste time that's all.

I think the best is always having an autoexec.config in etman and also in all the other mods folders. I never start et with xfire, so I don't know whether it uses some command line options (like +set r_mode ...) or not.

So the reasons could be:

- 1 xfire explicitly sets an r_mode (probably not)

- 2 it's in your config

I think the second one is your problem, check the r_mode you have in your etmain config in your profile folder, and also jaymod or whichever mod you play.

SunLight :hi

.....thanks for the support and advice I somehow tried to address the issue of advice is enough .... go to work:))

:thanks