iPhone vs Droid

bell reavue

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which phone is better?

I'm trying to upgrade my phone soon, I have an LG Env Touch (lame) and I want either an iPhone or Droid.

I'm leaning towards the iPhone because I'm really only interested in a few apps and I like how it looks better than the Droid, but people are saying the Droid is better.

What do you think?

Edit: I'm also concerned about battery life. My family sometimes has trouble with their Droids losing battery in the middle of the day, even when they charge every night. Any thoughts/experiences?

Edited by bell reavue

I'm trying to upgrade my phone soon, I have an LG Env Touch (lame) and I want either an iPhone or Droid.

I'm leaning towards the iPhone because I'm really only interested in a few apps and I like how it looks better than the Droid, but people are saying the Droid is better.

What do you think?

Haha, I have an enV Touch too (which is currently a PoS that loves to shut off and/or restart on me numerous times a day). My next phone will be the Samsung Galaxy S II when it comes subsidized to Verizon in the US (hopefully in the next 1-2 months -_-). Reviews: Engadget, PhoneArena. But then again I just drool at the specs and this phone is a powerhouse. Also, I've had an iPod Touch for years and want something new to play with :D

Android definitely has more customization (and variation from manufacturer to manufacturer), and has become the behemoth of the industry (which would I assume lead to more developers for apps and such). Also, spec-wise their phones are superior (except for maybe the screen in certain instances).

However, if you're just going for looks and the occasional app, yeah - iOS probably looks better/is easier to navigate.

Which Droid are you looking at?

Everyone in my family (except me) has a Droid X right now, and I think if I were to upgrade I'd get a Droid X2.

Haha, I have an enV Touch too (which is currently a PoS that loves to shut off and/or restart on me numerous times a day).

Yeah, same with mine. It shuts off and then resets all of my settings to default :angry: and thanks for the link, but I have to figure how much it'll cost with my plan. I'm trying to see what I can upgrade to but the Verizon site keeps saying they're unavailable.

I got the Droid charge. I had a feeling that Verizon was going to change their data plan and sure enough they did. so i got this 4g phone so i would be grandfathered in. battery life sucks but the customization is wonderful. But on that note if I want to change my battery I can unlike the iphone

I have a Galaxy S and I love it. I love the droid apps market. Tons of col free apps. Also, the battery life for me is great and the recharge time is even better. I can get a full charge in about 1.5 hours--that's not an exaggeration. It also has has the hummingbird microprocessor.

"The Samsung Galaxy S is a smartphone that runs the Android operating system and is a direct competitor with the iPhone. The microprocessor is a Hummingbird and it zips along at a stunning 1GHz. There is 512 MB internal RAM and up to 16 GB OneNAND memory. Up to 32 GB additional memory can be used via the external microSMD card slot."

So in a nutshell I would say that if you were to get a Galaxy you would like it very much. Many of my friends have i phones and they all love them. Unfortunately you cant insure an iPhone through AT&T and those phones are very expensive so that sux. My insurance is 7 dollars per month which is added to my bill every month through Verizon.

As an iPhone user from Gen 1 to iPhone 4, I switched to T-Mobile G2, and don't really see myself going back to an iPhone again, I do want an iPad though.

I have a droid 2 and my wife has iphone4. they both have been dependable. If you have multiple apple products like a ipad and iphone then go with the iphone. The new cloud system for apple syncs your devices seamlessly. The other cool thing about iphone is facetime, if you have a reason to use it. if both users are on some form of wireless network then you can video face time from your ipad and iphone. Example wife and kids went to Pennsylvania and i used my wives ipad to call her iphone and was able to see and speak to my kids while they were away. Outside of those two features, for me i will stay with the droid. But if iphones keep moving along Droid's could be in trouble.

EDIT: there also is no charge for face time or minute usage charge for face time

My wife, daughter, and I have the Iphone 4 and we love it. We are not really into the apps and the ones that are offered are fine for me. Good feel, good reception, and you also have the cool factor.

My wife and i just purchased iphone 3gs so far the only thing i don't like is the speaker volume isn't loud enough. It seems easy enuf to go thru the menus and acsses your mail and contacts and other intrests, "only time will tell" :unsure:

I have a droid 2 and my wife has iphone4. they both have been dependable. If you have multiple apple products like a ipad and iphone then go with the iphone. The new cloud system for apple syncs your devices seamlessly. The other cool thing about iphone is facetime, if you have a reason to use it. if both users are on some form of wireless network then you can video face time from your ipad and iphone. Example wife and kids went to Pennsylvania and i used my wives ipad to call her iphone and was able to see and speak to my kids while they were away. Outside of those two features, for me i will stay with the droid. But if iphones keep moving along Droid's could be in trouble.

EDIT: there also is no charge for face time or minute usage charge for face time

ios5 "the droid killer"