Can't run ET

Scream

^ - my question too. Did you get rid of all your portable & normal ETs before you installed again (ET is rather independent when it comes to shortcuts...) :D ?

Did you try to click ET.exe in c/program files (x86)/w:et ?

So you reinstalled ET in arbitrary folder like C:\Games\ET and still same error message?

yeah

^ - my question too. Did you get rid of all your portable & normal ETs before you installed again (ET is rather independent when it comes to shortcuts...) :D ?

Did you try to click ET.exe in c/program files (x86)/w:et ?

Are you kidding me? your post is as useless as posts like 'run it as admin'.

Haven´t had any laptopz so my wild guess is Win7\laptop has some tighter security settings as PC? So if you install ET try to locate where it has isntalled it(first posts system folder is defenetly wrong and Win7 doesn´t give access to this folder) and mess with security settings. Give ET more permissions. The thing is that to get it back to normal afterwards the easiest way is to reinstall. So your choise ;)

Haven´t had any laptopz so my wild guess is Win7\laptop has some tighter security settings as PC? So if you install ET try to locate where it has isntalled it(first posts system folder is defenetly wrong and Win7 doesn´t give access to this folder) and mess with security settings. Give ET more permissions. The thing is that to get it back to normal afterwards the easiest way is to reinstall. So your choise ;)

I run on a 64bit win7 laptop :)

C:\Windows\system32/etmain

Directory indicators are \ in windows, not /. So I think that that is why he cannot find the files. I'll try to rummage into my logs tonight to see whether I have the same (use of / instead of \).

Right now, that is the only thing that I think could be the problem. Can you post another log like that but from installing it in a proper directory (program files)?

After directory was fixed, every time et started, it would freeze at the intro (before intro starts playing) and a windows error message would pop up -saying the application has stopped working, (but it gave no important information).

Tried xp service pack 2, 3, and windows 98 compatibility modes but still same problem.

the game ran fine in dedicated mode

Call of duty works fine.

Think I'm gonna stop playing ET regularly. Will play like once per week on my old laptop. I tink I've already tried everything.

ahhh i just installed it on my labtop which is also 64-bit Windows 7.

This is what I did:

1.) Download ET from planet wolfenstein. Also got the 2.60b patch..

2.) Installed it. Start ET.. created the profile.. At first when I joined jay1, it crashed.

It also crashed when I changed the resolution to 1280x1024 or any other.. So I put my labtop screen resolution

in a config and loaded it after I start et.. It seemed to work.

Then I applied the 2.60b patch

Joined ET, jay1 and worked like a charm.. Crashing stopped :D

I just installed it just to see If I get a problem like you do, but I guess its just your computer. Sorry ::i

Couldn't load default config probably means the config has some settings that are incompatible with your laptop. Folder location etc, are fine. Change your default config so that r_customheight (native laptop height), r_customwidth (native laptop width) and r_mode -1 are included in your config. They are the most likely settings to be incompatible.

Couldn't load default config probably means the config has some settings that are incompatible with your laptop. Folder location etc, are fine. Change your default config so that r_customheight (native laptop height), r_customwidth (native laptop width) and r_mode -1 are included in your config. They are the most likely settings to be incompatible.

I don't have default.cfg so I can't do much.

Was it you that deleted my reply, Scream? :)

If you have nothing useful to say, do not post useless posts.

That's no way to run a forum, man. You talk to me, I answer you, you delete my post. That's not cool.

btw, I took a screenshot.

Edited by Weedkiller

Maybe a stupid comment but did you try to play within a virtual machine (vmware player or something)

on a linux or something

I once had some problems (from totally different kind) and could play on virtual machine (bit stupid): ubuntu