Can't run ET

Scream

Hello.

So, I bought a new notebook today (too lazy to type specs in here, just type toshiba c600-1cn in google). I installed ET, and then problems started.

Everytime I try to run it it shows grey screen and a message 'ET.exe stopped working', Oh, it's windows 7 64-bit. i think I tried everything. i used Medic's tutorial, didn't help. Chuck sent me his pb folder, still nothing. Call of Duty works fine, i just can't run ET ;x

Any ideas how to fix it?

I've been running ET on Win 7 x64 since the 7600 build of Win 7 Enterprise x64 was released on MS Technet forums. You must run the game in Win XP SP3 and tick the box 'run as administrator' (or PB will not work properly). If it still doesn't run (as in launch), you'll have to go from there on your own. Look at different video drivers and such - and change the compatibility mode for the setup.exe in some cases. I haven't had to do this but some have gotten lucky. Also, if you do get everything running great there are many that still get API kicked via PB when switching resolutions or from full screen to windowed without exiting the game, but that is easily fixed. Just don't switch resolutions. Good luck - Merry Christmas - & keep us posted.

Only few processes are active. Anyways, console shows me something like this now:

ET 2.55 win-x86 May 27 2003
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\Windows\system32/etmain

----------------------
0 files in pk3 files
----- CL_Shutdown -----
-----------------------
Couldn't load default.cfg - I am missing essential files - verify your installation?

try reinstall et in a different directory

why is it in system32, did you unpack et there? it should be wolfenstein -enemy territory folder, or are you starting et in that folder?

Ya, why is it?

But that issue means you are missing a file that pretty much makes ET boot up, re-download it. Here's a link: http://download.cnet.com/Return-to-Castle-Wolfenstein-Enemy-Territory-full-install/3000-7441_4-10243510.html

But, .55 can not run on Windows 7, only .6b will work. Correct me if i'm wrong.

try reinstall et from a different source?

why is it in system32, did you unpack et there? it should be wolfenstein -enemy territory folder, or are you starting et in that folder?

Will try.

No idea, it is installed in c/program files (x86)/w:et

edit. I also tried 2.60b, didnt work.

make a new shortcut from the et.exe in your et folder, I think your current shortcut is in system32 folder

Ya, why is it?

But that issue means you are missing a file that pretty much makes ET boot up, re-download it. Here's a link: http://download.cnet.com/Return-to-Castle-Wolfenstein-Enemy-Territory-full-install/3000-7441_4-10243510.html

But, .55 can not run on Windows 7, only .6b will work. Correct me if i'm wrong.

.55 does work on win7 :) I only just upgraded to 2.6b :)

So i will ask one question. I gonna buy new PC with windows 7 64 bit and will i get same problem as Scream got ?? :o

i have a win7 64-bit and havent had any of these problems. All i had to do was run as admin.

I think i've tried everything. Even downloaded portable version of ET...

Bad luck

I think i've tried everything. Even downloaded portable version of ET...

Bad luck

wut portable version ^^

i just putted the normal version on usb stick works fine :D