How many people use custom keyboard/mouse when playing COD?

Grim Reaper

Hey all

I've been my fair share of COD in the past few months, and I'm starting to think I need to fix a few things in various areas, as I consistently am middle-of-the-road when it comes to kills, and part of the reason I believe is my equipment. So I'm going to throw the question out there regarding equipment.

1. Does all of the "better" players eventually need to move to high end keyboards and/or mice?

2. I was looking at razer stuff? Yay / Nay?

3. What should be the order of "improvements" in my approach. Should I instead start with equipment upgrades, graphics card/screen rendering tweaks, faster computer, or something else?

I often spec the highest scorers probably 50% of the time in game, trying to pick up on subtle tips.. and it seems that some of the best players have lightning reflexes. What is the the most likely reason for this?

Thanks!

Grim

I have a logitech g5 mouse.. that's it (an ergonomic microsoft keyboard). GTX 460 for a steady 90some fps at all times with highest settings and no console tweaks.

What I find really makes a difference is my 50-70 ping... If I'm lagging and it's like 120+ I see a noticeable dip in performance.

Maybe you could tell us what you're working with to see if anything would be worth upgrading.

Number 1 thing that improved my fps abilities, a Steelseries 5L. Pair it with any lazer/optical mouse and you are gold.

Number 1 thing that improved my fps abilities, a Steelseries 5L. Pair it with any lazer/optical mouse and you are gold.

Steelseries 5L? link?

I have a wireless mouse ...Microsoft brand, and a wireless microsoft Keyboard. I figured I have lag from the wireless aspect.

My pings are always 40-60, and I'm normally in the top 3 fastest pings (when ping is working on HC no marty server)... I have a decent router/cable modem setup, so I think I'm prolly good there...

Here is a link for the 5L, looks like it might be sold out/unavailable. Next pad on my list would be the Steelseries QCK+, on amazon for 18 bucks

I too use the Steelseries Keyboard and a G5 mouse. G5 really good in customizing. Side buttons good for knife and change weapons. Two USB ports on the keyboard that I hook my G5 to.

wireless ... NO! I got this epic game mouse that i love! It's a big difference if ur mouse is special designed for gaming... I can evenly change the weight of it. If you combine this mouse with that 5L mouse pad, you become like me... :)

gaming Keyboard isnt really a must if ur playing shooters only, tho if ur going mmorpg's its very handy:)

I got a normal microsoft keyboard... [/url=http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/digital-media-keyboard-3000/J93-00001]this keyboard[/url] is very well designed and doesnt have the big keys like normal one, so no pain in the fingers after 4 hours of gaming ;) It can be compared with a laptops keyboard :)

Hope this helps...

Oh yeah, i got the newest graphic card too, cause this comes so handy... also always play with wired internet, can lower ur ping with alot ^^

extra ram is also an option,, but you can do so many things,,, mouse is like THE most important one i think

Greetzzz

You see me, i sometimes get in the top scoring position, and some really nice games. All i have is interal that is good is NVIDIA GTX450. My keyboard nd mouse are like 20 bucks each.....

I have a couple different Razer mice and keyboards... well worth the investment in my opinion. I would stay away from wireless products - wired is always more dependable and better performing. Good luck!

I have a $15 Walmart mouse and it changes colours! I'm on a laptop so no special keyboards :P

wow! and you still manage to rack em and stack em with that setup!

I figured for sure you'd have the high end stuff watching your game play...

:thanks