Website =F|A= SmartBrowser update & news.

Chuckun

Firefox have approved the addon as safe, etc.. But wont add it to the public gallery until it receives more interest. Currently, active users and downloads count isn't enough to deem it as a public interest.

Now, I've also released an update for it.

Version 1.1.8 Release Notes

No major changes in this update, just a few graphical tweaks and some adjustments based on forum changes.

Additions:

- Graphical adjustments: altered some transparency and icons

- Added Brink section to PC Gaming

- Added Software & PC Support to Help Center

- Added Food and Drink to Recreational section

- Added Donate to FA option in main section

Removals:

- Removed Maps from PC Gaming section

- Removed Help & Support from Help Center

- Removed Computer Support from Help Center

The update should install automatically on the next restart of Firefox if you have auto updates for FF turned on.

If you don't have the addon you can download it here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/fa-smartbrowser/

If you already have it installed, and it has not updated, you can update it from the link above, or Navigate to Firefox > Addons, right click SmartBrowser, and Check for Updates.

Chuckun

EDIT: @Dare, please set up tracker section for =F|A= SmartBrowser FF Addon :P

Eeek sorry about that! Those I asked agreed with me that the old icon looked shitty :P

The new icon wasn't supposed to look as it does either though. I will review it again for the next release. This time I'll make sure it's pretty :P

Thanks for letting me know :)

Chuckun

I commented :D Nice :)

Thanks dude :) Reviews and more users to install it (enabled) is what we need in order to show it's of public interest :P

The mozilla guy who emailed me said there were no security / bug issues within it, which is great, but he could only grant preliminary review due to lack of public appeal. He said I can re-submit it for full inclusion in the addon gallery any time, and suggested I work on some nifty functions for it which would appeal to a wider audience..

Ideas so far:

• Search Function
  • Login/Logout (not 100% sure on this because it'll require forcibly adding/removing cookies under fa domain - want to check out the process of this before using it)
  • Make use of 'locales' function and hopefully get translations for multi-lingual use
  • Add 'FAQ', 'Help', and 'Privacy' to the addon 'about' page (mozilla will like a fully explained privacy policy for the addon)

Just one word to the screenshots: =F|A=

Oh shii... Thought I'd updated that :P (it's correct in the actual mod :P)

Thanks bro!

A little update: this addon is now compatible with firefox 6 (which will be released under BETA soon!)

Dear Add-On Developer,

Good news! Our automated tests did not detect any compatibility issues with your add-on =F|A= SmartBrowser and Firefox 6. We've updated your add-on's compatibility to work with Firefox 6.* so that our Aurora users can begin using your add-on. Firefox 6 beta is expected in just a few weeks.

Good job man, commented on it. Will use it, saves a lot of time.

Thank you! :)

Really want comments / reviews on it and lots more users using it so we can get it listed in the public gallery.. It's good to get the word out about FA in every place we can ^_^