How to update

Volan

Hello guys!

I have a lil problem with this update stuff!

1. Ihave copied my old et dir out

2. i have reinstalled the game and updated

3. tried to replace the old et dir without owerwritting anything

4. its not working i mean i have 2.6.b but withoun any account it cant recognise that its me:D so i have no exp etc..

The other thing what i wanna know is that i cant make my game to remember my options eg it forgets the resolution the blood effect etc..

pls help me cos i'm dying with these problem!!

thanks a lot!!!

if you have reinstalled your et it means that you have got a new etkey. If you didnt save your old etkey you'll have to start from 0xp all over again.

As for the settings, I assume you've got a cfg?

sry bout that dude, my internet is being retarded lately..

This is what you need to do:

1. Remove/Uninstall your current et installation.. (make sure to keep your old et folder on desktop or something)

2. Reinstall the game.

3. All you have to do is drag your etkey from your old etmain folder to the new one that was just created by the installation.

4. Drag the map pk3 files to your etmain folder, if you dont wanna download the maps again. Also do the same for mods. (jaymod, etpub, etc..)

Step 1 & 2 are not really necessary but if you want to start it fresh.

You don't need to replace the entire etfolder.

Probably what epicofail told you will work, if it doesn't work do this:

If you lost your ETkey, because you reinstalled or deleted, I have a possible solution. Go to Etmain>Right Click>Properties>Previous Versions and search for the previous one.

PFF guys thanks for helping me ive solved that problem:DD just i copied the wrong et main:DD

btw i still havent got any solution about the system options eg resolution changing cause when i change the resolution and i restart et then it jumps back to 800X600 and i cant make the et to save my changes:D

Or you could just use \r_mode with values 0-8. Each of the value would give you following resolutions:

0 - 320 x 240

1 - 400 x 300

2 - 512 x 384

3 - 640 x 480

4 - 800 x 600

5 - 1024 x 768

6 - 1152 x 864

7 - 1280 x 1024

8 - 1600 x 1200

and type in console after that \vid_restart.

Had to type it every time I connected to the servers, and after a while the need for it just disappeared. So beats me whats the problem..