ET Server ET Servers - What to look for cheat free gaming environment!

daredevil

• Administrators

This are the things which I suggest you should look for on any XYZ server you play for a clean non cheat environment.

1. Type pb_cvarlist in console. It will show you all cvar scans which are running on server. If it doesn't show you any scans then it means server is not running any cheat scans. If it shows you list of cvars that means server is running cvar scans to take care of cheaters.

2. Their are md5 scans. They can be only seen by server admins. But if server doesn't run cvar scans then 99.99% they don't run even md5 scans.

3. You can check each server if it's streaming to PBBANS or not from here:

http://www.pbbans.com/msi.php

Enter the server IP and it will show you streaming status. I suggest never play on any server which is not streaming to PB. But then again it's my suggestion.

Why would anyone like to play on servers which are not streaming to anti-cheat organizations like PBBANS, PSB, etc.. and allow cheaters? By this post I don't mean to say play only on F|A servers. You have all rights to pick your own servers for playing but educate yourself and learn on how to see which servers are good for playing.

If you have any question feel free to ask anytime.

Example Screenshots:

punkbuster3.jpg

punkbuster2.jpg

punkbuster4.jpg

punkbuster5.jpg

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Very nice info Daredevil.

What if you keep getting kicked off for "not allowing md5 scans" but don't know how to allow these scans to run on your computer without disabling your anti-virus software or your firewall? I have a "family" computer with high security (Norton Systemworks and Windows Firewall enabled) but whenever I play ET on this XP install, I get kicked after a few minutes. I'm assuming Norton is simply doing its job, but I don't know how to set it to allow this to run without disabling the whole thing. I'm sure others would like to know so we can be in compliance and not look like we are trying to hide something when the server kicks us.

I always switch to a different hard drive that just has XP-SP2 and ET and nothing else and I have no problems playing. It would be nice to not have to use an unsecured computer.

• Administrators

If you are getting kicked for Ignoring MD5 queries, then just disable firewall for the time you play or you can do port forwarding or even allow application full access outbound and inbound. I would like to know exact error.

I suggest to disable both anti virus and firewall when you play games because they all do is cause lag.

Hey Dare, while PBBans has a good repository, some servers stream Punksbusted http://www.punksbusted.com/forums/index.php?act=home as well, or instead of PBBans. If they a server isn't streaming one of these, then I'd be very wary. Most likely it could be a server with with PB enabled and a very small amount of standard cheat cvars checked.

• Administrators
Hey Dare, while PBBans has a good repository, some servers stream Punksbusted http://www.punksbusted.com/forums/index.php?act=home as well, or instead of PBBans. If they a server isn't streaming one of these, then I'd be very wary. Most likely it could be a server with with PB enabled and a very small amount of standard cheat cvars checked.

We stream to both. Streaming to pbbans should be must. PsB hardly updates their scans and pbbans updates on monthly basis or as soon as new hax is out in market.

• Administrators
PsB likes to pick fights with PBBans too, and PBBans services are lightyears ahead of PsB.

+1. I dunno why they can't co-operate.