windows 7 registry

XSV_SOLJA

Hi, I am trying to add a string to the registry. I writing it in batch and converting the batch script to .exe using 'Bat To Exe Converter 1.4'

All the script does is run 'filename.reg' to import the file to the registry, it works fine when in batch format, when converted to exe it runs and says its merged but no string shows up in the registry.

The exe file has other code in it and must run either way, but is there a way i could get the string entered into registry with just a double click on that exe.

I have figured out that once converted the exe will not be able to open anther file with any extension...so its the converted exe file giving the trouble..

thanks that software is wayy better than what I was using but it still create the reg string, runs the file but no string appears.. oh well I found a work around for now.

now it would be usefull to know how to bind multiple files and run certain ones with a command:

foe example if I bind test1.exe and test2.exe into one filee..TEST and create a batch script to either open test1 or test2... or both:?

• 1 year later...

Both look good ways to tuning a .reg entry into an exe but why automate in this way? Ifs this part of an automated script on a machine build or program install? I build a lot of AD scripts, VM templates, etc at work and I tend to pop my reg entries into VB scripts or powershell as they will run without user prompting.. will this suffice?

const HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = &H80000002
strComputer = "."
Set StdOut = WScript.StdOut

Set oReg=GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" &_
strComputer & "\root\default:StdRegProv")

strKeyPath = "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\windows\currentversion\netcache"
strValueName = "FormatDatabase"
dwValue = 1
oReg.SetDWORDValue HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,strKeyPath,strValueName,dwValue

?