Speedfact update

HannahG

Hannah, duh

Rachael, Jenna, Jena.

More unique

Trinity (Tryn for short)

I was going to suggest Hannah lol.

tell him i was shot and he'll make it back grats dad :D

:blink: sorry to hear that mate, hope you heal up well. Next time try to dodge the bullet and thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

It is with a very heavy heart that I post this transcript from my xfire conversation with speedfact's relative who is also in the military with him:

[08:23] =F|A= Speedfact: Hey G.I. Joe. You don't know me but you are on my cousins emergency contact list.

[08:24] =F|A= G.I. Joe: please tell me Eric's ok...

[08:25] =F|A= Speedfact: I am sorry to inform you that Eric was hit by an IED around 5 hours ago. He is in critical condition as we speak.

[08:25] =F|A= G.I. Joe: jesus christ..

[08:26] =F|A= Speedfact: I just got done tell family members

[08:26] =F|A= G.I. Joe: is this his CO or a nurse or something?

[08:26] =F|A= Speedfact: No this is a family member, I am a staff sergeant in the army so I get news first before the family does about Eric.

[08:27] =F|A= G.I. Joe: jesus...that guy is a great friend, not just to me but to all his friends on our clan...this is horrible news

[08:27] =F|A= Speedfact: It was what he was hoping for but it does not make my job any easier.

[08:28] =F|A= G.I. Joe: I understand, I appreciate you letting us know

[08:28] =F|A= Speedfact: Yes I understand he is very fond of all of you. MAkes me wish sometimes that I did not turn him on to Call of Duty games in the first place.

[08:28] =F|A= G.I. Joe: Well, believe me we're all glad you did

[08:28] =F|A= G.I. Joe: very dear friend

[08:30] =F|A= Speedfact: Yeah sorry to tell you the horrible news and run but I have to talk to around four people now all asking for updates. Is there a way I could contact you or something to give you updates? Should I just stay logged on xfire? Would that be better for everyone?

[08:31] =F|A= Speedfact: Sorry to ask you all these questions, I just use xfire for games like minecraft not really for chatting.

[08:31] =F|A= G.I. Joe: oh no, it's ok I really do appreciate you letting me know this is horrible

[08:31] =F|A= G.I. Joe: but it's better than not knowing at all

I myself am not a religious man, but my thoughts are with Eric and his family as I'm sure everyone's will be. He's the closest thing to a best friend I (and many others I'm sure) have in this clan and this news is the opposite of what any of us wanted to hear.

Edited by GI-JOE

Pull through buddy !!! He just want to be a Father ....wtf. This saddens me and my thoughts are with you speed ....

] =F|A= Speedfact: yeah i hope to, erm can i ask ya a question i mean if ya dont mind me buggin you

[20:40] =F|A= Funkbut: no go ahead ...

[20:40] =F|A= Speedfact: what's it like to be a dad?

[20:41] =F|A= Funkbut: scary...

[20:41] =F|A= Speedfact: D:

[20:41] =F|A= Speedfact: think i can take my order back?

[20:41] =F|A= Funkbut: it is like a constant ...it is part of you..and you worry so much

[20:41] =F|A= Funkbut: at least i do

[20:42] =F|A= Funkbut: i want to keep them safe forever....but deep inside ,you no you cant

[20:42] =F|A= Speedfact: hmmm so like havin a dog

[20:42] =F|A= Funkbut: 1000 times over

[20:42] =F|A= Funkbut: you going to be a Dad soon ?

[20:43] =F|A= Speedfact: erm they say late november, early december

[20:43] =F|A= Funkbut: great

[20:43] =F|A= Speedfact: so ill miss the kid comin in but i wont miss another second i hope heh

I'm kinda confused, is it speed that got hit?

She said it was him, but I'm assuming it was probably a squad/patrol or something

I don't know speed as well as most of you but I have a cousin who is over there and pray every day for his safety. When Joe made the statement in game my heart sunk. As I said my prayers go to him and his family.