Bin Laden dead

RoosterCogburn

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After spending many years hunting down the world's most wanted man, why did the U.S. bury Osama bin Laden at sea within 24 hours of killing him?

The reason is bound up within Islamic practice and tradition. And that practice calls for the body of the deceased to be buried within 24 hours, according to a U.S. official, who spoke Monday on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive national security matters.

"We are ensuring that it is handled in accordance with Islamic practice and tradition," confirmed the official. "This is something that we take very seriously. And so therefore this is being handled in an appropriate manner."

But the lingering question is why at sea? The official said that finding a country willing to accept the remains of the world's most wanted terrorist would have been difficult, so the decision was made to bury bin Laden at sea. Furthermore, one suspects that the U.S. would not have wanted there to be a physical grave site for fear of it turning into a place of worship for bin Laden's followers. There are rumors, however, that the U.S. asked Saudi Arabia to take the body (bin Laden was born in Saudi) but they allegedly refused.

It's also believed that DNA testing would have been carried out beforehand to verify that the body was that of bin Laden, as well as being proof against any conspiracy claims that could emanate to suggest that his death didn't take place. The exact location of the burial was not revealed. (via ABC)

And there is absolutely no pics or some kind of video evidence?There was when Hussein got killed. :/

This just in - Osama Bin Laden is being buried at sea.

Why?

They should have him in a jar of formaldehyde in the Smithsonian Museum.

Or maybe have his head on a pike in the White House lawn.

Now everyone is going to wonder if it was really him, or if they got the wrong guy.

Bad decision...

• Administrators

Why?

Now everyone is going to wonder if it was really him, or if they got the wrong guy.

Bad decision...

Under islamic law a person has to be buried within 24 hrs. Now unlike them we consider ourselves good guys and no matter if this guy was the most hated person in the world we still gave him a decent burial. Obviously when I say we it excludes you, well based on your statement you are a sick twisted f***.

we didn't kill Hussein, his countrymen did.

Didn,t want to say you(USA) did,just strange there is nothing when someone like he got announced dead.

Edited by spitfiRE

Why?

Bad decision...

According to the Dutch news, the USA didn't want it to become a pilgrimage site. And they have a good point there.

Furthermore, JoeDirt has a point. Although "we" do not respect his extreme religion, a decent burial is not something we should take from him; it wouldn't make a difference to us. At least it shouldn't.

No need to bring the body back to the USA. Just an open invitation for it to be a shrine or temple to a violent man. Secondly, you could bank on some type of attack on American soil if he was brought over here for display or preservation.

Death is that last final irrevocable act that was served on Bin Laden.

• Administrators

Under Islam you are not suppose to visit graves after the burial, nor should you mourn for a body, so whoever tells you that it would become a pilgrimage site is full of shit. I am supprised by the lack of knowledge around the world in all the news articles I have been reading this morning, the world appears to be run over by retards. A close family friend of ours lost her husband in WTC and after speaking to her this morning she is a bit upbeat but far from jumping up and down because she also feels this was just a symbolic victory and the real problem still remains and she is fearful of the reprisals.

You can kill the face man of any movement. Killing a belief or a way of thinking is a completely different animal. I ran into a former NYPD officer today. She picked up the local paper with tears in her eyes and said to me, "this is why I left NYPD."

3,000 Americans on 9/11.

5,885 Americans in Iraq and Afghanistan.

What a price we pay for one man.

Yes, the USA invaded Afganistan only for bin laden. Not for the miserable life conditions over there or the fight against the Taliban in general. Only to get to one person.

Also, counting the number of deaths, in Afghanistan more people lost their lives. Total killed in the army, 11000 against 38000. Civilian deaths, 3000 against 14000-34000.

Iraq war has not much to do with this btw

guys i don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist or whatever here but dont you think its a little shady that america would so quickly bury the body IN THE SEA..without releasing any photos, evidence, or dna tests to prove that he was killed. I hoenstly won't believe he is dead untill I see some hard evidence. Also, I doubt bin laden was taht stupid to hide out in a big ass mansion in the capital city if he didn't want to get caught..also why did the americans burn the mansion down? To destroy evidence possibly?

Somethings not adding up

or maybe im just paranoid and high :rolleyes:

Read above why he was buried that quickly, they have video and pictures and dna to prove that was him, dna takes a while this is real world not CSI. He was not stupid for hiding in the mansion, he was tracked through one of his couriers. Remember he relied on a few trusted couriers to communicate with the world. The fire was there cause one of the helicopters crashed and was blown up by the US forces on the ground. The mansion is still there.

• Administrators

I can't believe it, in a few years USA will be attacked by terrorist from Kuwait or North Korea!

Stick to being undocumented salad picker, leave the rest to gringos. Your little brain obviously cannot comprehend the reality around you. I would give 2 pesos to be ignorant like you.