Would you vote for Obama?

slick-bud

I have followed the words and deeds of US politicians closely for many years.

Obama in my opinion:

-Foreign Policy: B (trying to get the US out of Iraq, albeit slowly, seems to be supporting NATO in Libya without getting sucked into another Middle East ground war - though this is largely due to the policies of Def Sec Robert Gates)

-Economy: D (has very little understanding of how economies actually function, and has chosen very poor Keynesian advisors i.e. Geithner/Klugman/Soros)

-Environmentalism: A (supports much-needed clean energy projects)

-Pro-business: C (he serves big business well even though he uses them as a punching bag for his speeches)

-Taxes: B Talks about raising taxes, but he did just extend the Bush tax cuts lol, so he is actually a Tea-Partier (Taxed Enough Already party). Don't tell the Repubs.)

It's the Republicans election to lose. If they put up Sarah Palin, Obama gets another four years. Trump could make it an interesting election.

I will probably hold my nose and vote Republican.

How can you say the challengers are unacceptable? Nobody has really declared yet. You have some exploring but thats it.

I will reluctantly vote for the incumbent, all other challengers are wholly unacceptable. Especially Trump.

How can you say the challengers are unacceptable, no one has declared yet. There are a few exploring but that all for now.

Obama has to get by Hillary first. He might have trouble doing that.

Yes, mainly because he entered office during very difficult times and has been doing an OK job as it was detailed above by PHANTASM, I am very curious as to what he will accomplish during the next 4 years, now that he has his feet wet. I don't really follow politics much so can't point out specific details, but shit people voted for Bush a second term, I'll be dammed if people don't give Obama a second term, I don't believe anyone can say he is doing horrible. he has a lot of plans for the well being of the USA and pushing us forward into the future with innovation and technology.

I willn't be voting for him. I will be voting for myself. Today kingcamper for prez. vote 4 me not bamacare.

what do I stand for.

kicking anyones ass who doesnt like us or supports terrorist.

keeping our money here and not in china.

GAMING all the way woot.

Edited by kingcamper

kicking anyones ass who doesnt like us or supports terrorist.

You'll have a hard time in Europe then. I know enough people who, although don't support terrorists, don't like the USA. Secondly, the "support terrorists" is rather vague. The USA has a lot of power outside the USA, yes it is a large country and yes it does very good things, but I don't agree with all the actions the USA does. I know, but can't find the source, that under certain circumstances it does not acknowledge the International Court in The Hague, although that is part of the United Nations which the USA accepts. The influence it has on Swiss bank secrecy, although it gives terrorist many opportunities to whitewash their dirty money, it is a Swiss issue, not of the USA until it enters USA territory.

I'm not really happy about the power the USA has outside the USA. In some parts I agree upon it (or at least accept it), but for other parts I don't. Should you kick my ass for that? :P

keeping our money here and not in china.

That I agree on. However, USA and China are already taking all our money.

No, I wouldn't vote for Obama, because I can't. But I would if I could. Obama is, for many people outside the USA, better than Bush. Don't think getting Bush III would be appreciated outside the USA.

That I agree on. However, USA and China are already taking all our money.

You got it half right

No, I wouldn't vote for Obama, because I can't. But I would if I could. Obama is, for many people outside the USA, better than Bush. Don't think getting Bush III would be appreciated outside the USA.

Bush has nothing to do with this, unless your talking about Jeb Bush. No-one will vote some somebody named "Jeb"

-

True Obama inherited a shitstorm, but from what I can tell he hasn't done anything to fix it. To the opposite in fact.

I wouldn't vote for him, but Palin is a joke..she needs to walk away. Trump...I think he's blowing smoke up everyones ass. ANyone else...who knows if someone will come out of the woodwork. Obama certainly took alot of people off guard when he became the nominee.

Here's my grading based on Phans layout.

-Foreign Policy: C While I agree with Phan on getting out of Iraq, which has to be a slow withdrawal. The Libya thing smacks of Vietnam all over again. Lets face it. If Libya didn't have oil, we wouldn't be there.

-Economy: F Believing reports that show artificial inflation of the economy making a comeback reminds of me people telling me I was crazy to wait until last year to buy a house. I saved myself 300k for the place I'm in. We should be looking at laws that reverse deep ocean drilling and bring it closer to shore. More independence from foreign oil, less chance of another clusterf*** in the gulf like we had last year. Shoring up our borders and taking care of our citizens to get them productive should be the focus.

-Environmentalism: A I breathe easier knowing fuel might hit $6-$7 bucks a gallon this summer while land developers bury gorgeous wild land with homes many cant afford.

-Pro-business: C I would like to see more work made so smaller businesses can expand. If something like the Main Street Fairness Act (who thinks up these names?) passes, it seems like it would kill small internet businesses that can't afford to offer proper tax collection according to the tax laws of every state. Maybe I'm wrong on this, but isn't one of the cool things about the net that a Average Joe and start up a business, and sell goods across the country at a competitive price?

-Taxes: B Have to agree with Phan here for the most part. Could be worse...of course 4 more years it could be ALOT worse.

I'm pretty sure for 90% right, but I'm not American. The Dutch government puts its long build company's in the service sector for sale, and China and the USA gets it. KPN (telecommunication) is worth a couple billion, but not in Dutch hands anymore. Although the Dutch people payed for it the last century.

Secondly, I don't mean Bush, but I mean a Republican with a hard war policy, making sure the rich people get what they want and let the poor starve to death (exaggerated).

About the foreign policy; I believe that especially Obama now has chosen wisely in the Libya conflict, he let the NATO handle it instead of, Bush-style, running into it with or without help (Iraq). The USA only supports, but do not decide themselves. They offer help, without becoming part of the conflict.

Also a remark, which is the issue which we also have also in the Netherlands a bit (but less?), the Republicans vote against Obama, no matter what, the Democrats think for themselves before making a decision; if too many people disagree with a new law proposal, (with slightly less than half Republicans and some thinking Democrats), it is a no. The Republicans are working against Obama, instead of helping the country. I'm not sure, but I think that this is also why Obama can't reach every goal he stated. This point is written quite badly and offensive, but this is how some see it in the Netherlands.

I'm pretty sure for 90% right, but I'm not American. The Dutch government puts its long build company's in the service sector for sale, and China and the USA gets it. KPN (telecommunication) is worth a couple billion, but not in Dutch hands anymore. Although the Dutch people payed for it the last century.

Please clarify. Did the US and Chinese governments receive majority stock or private investors?

Secondly, I don't mean Bush, but I mean a Republican with a hard war policy, making sure the rich people get what they want and let the poor starve to death (exaggerated).

LoL. Thanks for your insight on how the Dutch think of America, but it's pretty ass backwards from the truth. There's a pretty large divide in the republican party right now. As far as I'm concerned...Republicans and democrats are the same party by two different names.

About the foreign policy; I believe that especially Obama now has chosen wisely in the Libya conflict, he let the NATO handle it instead of, Bush-style, running into it with or without help (Iraq). The USA only supports, but do not decide themselves. They offer help, without becoming part of the conflict.

Like I said before, it sounds alot like when the US was only giving monetary "aid" to the french in Viet Nam. Next think you know there's 200,000 US service men in there fighting their asses off.

Also a remark, which is the issue which we also have also in the Netherlands a bit (but less?), the Republicans vote against Obama, no matter what, the Democrats think for themselves before making a decision; if too many people disagree with a new law proposal, (with slightly less than half Republicans and some thinking Democrats), it is a no. The Republicans are working against Obama, instead of helping the country. I'm not sure, but I think that this is also why Obama can't reach every goal he stated. This point is written quite badly and offensive, but this is how some see it in the Netherlands.

Remember that the republicans didn't come into majority power into the house until just this past year. It was the democratic party that was railing against any comprise Obama was willing to make with any republican figure. From my understanding, most of the reason legislation is being challenged and stopped under republican rule is simply because they (republican/independant) parties feel it is detrimental to the American society on the whole. Alot of people in this country expect a handout from the government and have gotten it during the past 10 years or so. Now that we have nothing left to give they are angry and are demanding more. The free ride has to stop sometime.

1. Not the governments directly, but private investors. However, the company we build up makes still a lot of profit, but that profit does not remain in the Netherlands. But that is the public company's...

2. Republicans and Democrats are the same party by two different names, yes and no. For the Dutch, yes, both are very right/capitalistic, different to the more left/social here in Europe (although not communistic). However, one of the major issues if we compare almost any European country to the USA, most of us have medical care, but only approximately half of the USA wants that in the USA itself (the Democratic party). Saying those are the same party, I don't think so.

3. Yes, but then the USA was not only giving aid, it decided mainly itself (afaik) that it wanted to give aid instead, instead of supported by, for example, the NATO. Secondly, communism is not necessary evil, although it was in the point of view of the USA to Vietnam; dictatorship and suppression as in Libya is evil.

4. They vote against law proposals for, of course, many reasons. They say that it is bad for the American society, but in that I disagree for, among others, public health care. I simply cannot see why "expect a handout" and "public health care" are bad to say in the same sentence in the USA. Yes, you have to pay for it...