help:Violation(game integrity) #20006

Jefke

Everytime I connect to the nq 2.55 server I get this error : Violation(game integrity) #20006

already patched a long time ago

What I already tried:

Reinstalling w:et (failed)

Updating Punkbuster (failed)

BUT it always fail when I put my etkey back, could there be a problem with the etkey?

Edited by MrJoske

Does the new install work with a new ETKey?

Does this happen on other servers?

Try the pk3 cleaner?

Did you recently change a cfg?

Try /PB_System. If it is set to 0 set it to 1 /PB_system 1 and vice versa.

Post back results/answers.

Oke I took my etkey from an other pc and now problem seems to be fixed :D

False hope :'( still got problems, going to try with a new etkey

Edited by MrJoske

Okay I still get kicked with a new etkey

let's try some other servers now => can't play on other servers

Last error:

Punkbuster init failed or something like that

Edited by MrJoske

Okay I still get kicked with a new etkey

let's try some other servers now => can't play on other servers

Last error:

Punkbuster init failed or something like that

Do you have 2.55 patch ?

Does this happen on other servers?

Try the pk3 cleaner?

Did you recently change a cfg?

Try /PB_System. If it is set to 0 set it to 1 /PB_system 1 and vice versa.

Post back results/answers.

dam still crashing (updated again :s)

Integrity Violations:

When PunkBuster is unable to

verify that a player's gaming

environment is functioning

properly and/or has not been

alterred, an Integrity violation is

raised. This also involves the

detection of modified game or

PunkBuster files. These violation

numbers are between 10000 and

Etkey has nothing to do here,so keep it,could be that you deleted accidentally a file from pb folder?

20006 is an hardware issue, usually directly connected with the router or the harddrive

I think that the 20006 integrity kick is for a harddrive issue. None of the integrity kicks are considered cheats, they are just failures of some of PB's self-checks. I would recommend running scandisk and doing a full surface scan.

- staurt (PB)

Be sure that your computer is not behind a software or hardware firewall of any kind. This includes firewalls built into routers or other equipment, as well as programs like Zone Alarm, Black Ice, and the integrated firewall in Windows XP. Activision does not support the use of our games from behind a firewall. If it is not possible to disable the firewall you will need to open the ports for Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Return to Castle Wolfenstein transmits and receives network traffic on ports 27950, 27960, 27965 and 27952 using both TCP and UDP. The exact details on opening these ports is specific to your firewall. For more information check with the firewall documentation or manufacturer.

Another common cause of problems is a poorly configured router or connection sharing solution. If you are using a router, ICS, NAT or a software gateway you may have problems playing on the internet. This is because the router may not be forwarding the correct information back to your machine. It may be possible to get around this problem using port forwarding or DMZ. You can find more information on configuring shared connections for multiplayer gaming at www.practicallynetworked.com. Please be aware that like a firewall we cannot actively support using shared connections to play online.

The most common cause of problems though is usually the simplest - an overburdened network stack. By default many computers have protocols the average person doesn't use; things like VPN or NDISWAN. You may want to contact your ISP to find out exactly which protocols you can safely remove. Often times network game problems are resolved by something as simple as removing unused adapters and protocols.

The problem may also be related the the status of your ISP or that of the server. Due to the dynamic nature of the internet and the variable levels of traffic, it is impossible to completely eliminate this error. If you are having persistent problems you may wish to try a different server, or just wait and play a little while later. 

- Activision

OMG you will never believe what fixed the problem

PC restart :s just a random restart (not after updating pb, had done that)