What's in a name?

docwarren

:hmm not many people understand my name 'XSV SOLJA' which is'nt their fault..

I choose it partly from the name of a professional american paintball team and also my interested in wars and military forces.

'XSV' actually means excessive.. if you pronounce each letter seperately. 'SOLJA' means exatly that, i like shooting stuff and my favourite genre are FPS. Togeter it kind of also explains my predominant playing style which is to blunder towards the enemy and usually get killed.. :rolleyes:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first nick was pretty retarded it was Hitman D, "Hitman" because it was all i could think related to a shooter game and "D" because it's the first letter in my name.

I used that for about 2 weeks, until i started using ecstasy. I don't do drugs, but i have always like the word ecstasy. Also, I really like the way it looks when done as such .EcsTasY. --> I've used this nick for some 4 years now and will never change it.

other random ones i have used are:

-BoBeXXXoRRR! (inside joke with a friend of mine);

-Puta? o_O

well my first nick was Colipso I took it from Greek mythology god named Calypso, I started thinking why did I pick this name

...so I shorten it to Clippz to match up with the game

everything time I reload i saw myself puttin in another clip or mag

When I seen what ET was about my first thoughts went to old war movies, and my hero John Wayne.

I was born in Iowa, like the duke. Moved to Texas at the age of two and grew up there. Had an Uncle

that looked just like JW. My Uncle was a WW2 hero and used to bite the heads off my toy nazi army men.

I have stuck with that name since day-one back in 2003-4. Maybe should have changed it at some point

to drop off some mistakes I made but decided to live with it instead. Duke was really the name of his

dog and JW never did serve in the military but he was famous for being Mr America and given that award

from congress.

Wayne used his iconic status to support conservative causes, including rallying support for the Vietnam War

by producing, co-directing, and starring in the critically panned The Green Berets (1968).

for more info about JW .... http://www.mister-biography.com/celebrity/biography/john_wayne-13682.php

I started off with such a "unique" gamingname as 'Killersoldier'. Pretty nice, huh? Seriously, why did I ever used it.. Anyway I changed to FunkybananA bcoz I saw the video shown below, and for some reason I lol'd at it and thought of it as Funkybanana video, so that's how I ended up to where I am :D

My game name is the same no matter what the game. Slick-BuD . I was given the name from my brother and his friends way back when we were playing kingpin and quake. My brother installed 4 pc's in a spare room and we started playing each other on the weekend and such. I was so getting owned by them for the first two days untill I figured it out and started the domination, they would say "where did that come from, man that was slick", "you little slick @#$@#", the name stuck. We put BuD at the back of our names not for beer or drugs, but for friendship. We are BuD's. And thats where it all came from.

Dont hate the player, hate the game.

Slick-BuD

i collect skulls :unsure:

I rofl :lol: ... no, but seriously you do that?

Hmm my nick is only a derivative of my real name: Sebastian -> Seba -> Sega -> Shega -> Chega :lol:

You have to go through a moment of stupidity to understand the logic.

Well I do gymnastics in college, I do the uneven bars. And I always got some crazy height, and my friends just started saying I was flying like an angel, so it kinda stuck. When I starting playing ET, it just kinda felt natural hehe rolleyes.gif

Old nick : z0mb!e -> Coz i was a newbie and i knew i would suck and play slow.

Present nick : Antimony-> My real name's first and last initials are SB-> Sb = i.e. Antimony's chemical symbol. #51 on signature coz antimony's atomic no. is 51. :rolleyes:

Vanaraud sounds for me so nice in my mother language and it means something like that "oldmetal". Though giving the average ET players age 35-40 Im still young, only 26... WEll used Vael from beginning of ET and felt kinda bored of it and came to Vanaraud as it has V and A. BTW Vael is some nonsense word I came up by myself just because it sounded good in my mother language. Also have used Wboson, WBoson(LP) from days I had some connection with physics.