How much snow fell in your area this season?

NoGooD

I posted this on my forums, but know there are quite a few ppl from F|A that live or are from Northern California and thought they might like to take a look at some photos I took while in Tahoe this past weekend. This has been an unusually wet winter for Cali with snowfall amounts that many people say haven't been seen in 25 yrs. I'm curious if other parts of the country got pounded unusually hard by snow/ice this winter as well.

Feel free to post your snowfall amounts for the season.

Here are some pics from this past weekend. I've apologized many times already for the terrible quality. My phone take horrible pictures but is usually the first camera I grab.

Just arrived. Anyone notice that the snow bank I'm parked against is higher than the SUV? It's normally flat there with a curb to keep you from driving down the hill and into the condos.

2afcqd0.jpg

Stairway to heaven. The snow is piled up about 12-15ft on both sides at the bottom of the walkway. You walk fairly quickly because there are huge overhangs of snow on the roof. Sorry the pic is so blurry. The camera on my phone is pretty crappy.

p9e8g.jpg

You can just barely see the roof of the restaurant here. The snow shooting out is someone on a snowblower trying to clear out the snow from the night before. You have to walk down 10ft just to get inside.

34o26g7.jpg

Here is the front of a warming hut at the top of the hill. The building is probably a good 30ft tall normally.

2h6cc2v.jpg

Well, the mountains have had a decent snowfall.

For some reason the city I just moved to seems to get missed by a lot of the storms, the most snow at once was probably 6 inches. My parents, 15 min away, got 2 feet the same night.

Well, the mountains have had a decent snowfall.

For some reason the city I just moved to seems to get missed by a lot of the storms, the most snow at once was probably 6 inches. My parents, 15 min away, got 2 feet the same night. All together, maybe 2 feet total has fallen in the valley.

we got some snow flurries around christmas time. It hasn't snowed here since 89. Rather disappointing, send some of that down here!

What part of the country are you in Duck?

Just some FYI, the resort I was at is currently reporting base depth at 120in/304.8cm mid mountain (around 6900ft elevation) and 208in/528.3cm at the top of the mountain (around 8200ft). That's a pretty thick base to have normally, let alone this late in the season. Most of the snow reports I've gotten this season were storm totals of 94-116in per 3-4 day period. A few weeks ago after a cold storm rolled in, I saw people getting stuck past their waist in powder. Made for some pretty epic riding.

I can only imagine how much snow places like Vancouver and Toronto got this season.

that blizzard gave us 2.5 feet in chicago. i think total amount of snow this year was like 5 feet?

this isn't my car, just a pic i found on google to illustrate how much snow fell during the blizzard.

Snow+blizzard+2011.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Last year we had record breaking snowfall. So this year my wife bought me a snowthrower for Christmas. Never took it out of the box. So that is the key to no snow!!

lol. Hope you kept that receipt.

So NoGood, we are both Cali residences, according to Mammoth Mt's facebook page for the 2010-2011 season they've received an astonishing 624"

No doubt. I still get updated from Mammoth a few times a week during the season, but since I moved away from SoCal it's alot harder to justify driving roughly the same distance when I basically have Tahoe in my back yard. It's still one of my favorite mountains to ride, and I think they were talking about well over 100 inches before the end of December. I'd love to see some pics from there this season.

that blizzard gave us 2.5 feet in chicago. i think total amount of snow this year was like 5 feet?

this isn't my car, just a pic i found on google to illustrate how much snow fell during the blizzard.

Snow+blizzard+2011.jpg

You live close to me ;)