Record companies are suing Limewire for $75 TRILLION

Urine_Sample

wow.gif

Oh sure, no prob! I think I have that in my back pocket...

Does $75 trillion even exist? The thirteen record companies that are suing file-sharing company Lime Wire for copyright infringement certainly thought so. When they won a summary judgment ruling last May they demanded damages that could reach this mind-boggling amount, which is more than five times the national debt.

"Baio, who is scheduled to represent Lime Wire when the damages trial begins on May 2, joked that the money that the record companies sought from his client would be better spent on paying for health care or wiping out the national debt. "

STOReeZ

f*** the National Debt, the Total Debt is around $57 trillion in itself.

Either way, those record companies are most likely the broke ones. lol

• Administrators

Lime Wire was almost all about piracy. But is it the duty of software developer to check what is shared or not? What's the EULA of Limewire? Might want to post about how lime wire share and how it works? Well I am aware it's p2p but what about back bone?

Limewire are not scared. And they've no reason to be.

Record companies cannot sue Limewire for anything. They MIGHT get them shut down, but no claim can be made. Limewire specifically state it's illegal to share copyrighted content, and that Limewire is NOT allowed to be used for that purpose. Limewire aren't stupid, they hide behind disclaimers just like everyone does. :)

uk and france users are on three strikes and your out

strike one: an email warning

strike two: suspended by internet providers

strike three: internet contract terminated

pirate bay founders got one year in prision and fine and they just laughed and said they will keep on doing it

This is old news.... Limewire had stop a while ago. However, the Gnutella network won't die for a while. In fact, I didn't use Limewire since Frozen Wire came out. It was doing the same thing as Limewire Pro but you didn't had to pay for it. I never got why people paid for Pro. There was no point... Limewire was based on the Gnutella network, so any client that uses it will work as great as Limewire.

Since Limewire died and never release their latest version, a "pirate" edition came out. I don't know how they managed to get the source code, but I'm sure you guys can use Google to find the limewire pirate edition. It's basically limewire latest unrevealed edition but not supported by limewire the company and completely free.

Oh and by the way, yes Limewire is scared now. I don't remember where I've seen that, but they already have to pay now...

Holy f*cking Cow!! 75 trillion?? Do those companies even make that much money in 10 years? seems like they are trying to make an example out of limewire but i doubt they will will. Thank god for torrents :)

It's fine! They should just do like the U.S. government and print more money! That totally fixes the problem!

In that case that money won't have any worth anymore :P

You guys are like a year late bro, limewire got shut down a long time ago. Unless you have a specific version of limewire it doesn't work. And if you downloaded any songs from it you're most likely going to be fined $3,000 for each song you downloaded, and don't think they can't find it just because you've deleted it.