Pointless to ip ban someone

Larabeast

I saw someone tell someone else they were going to get banned for cheating, they weren't cheating and they said exactly what I was thinking, if he got banned he would just DHCP RELEASE/DHCP RENEW =You would now have a new outgoing ip address.

So, what do you think, do you think people hack in the servers where PB is enabled? And what do you think about how easy it is for a hacker to reset their ip after being IP banned.

• Administrators

Cheaters are always there.. Either in real life or games..

If people could cheat so easily with PB and PBbans enabled then there wouldn't be 3000+ cheaters busted by now..

2018 official ban list and still increasing.. and if you are SGA you can access unofficial ban list also..Now, that's just from F|A servers..

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-accbans-ab4749.html

For all game it's much higher..

http://www.pbbans.com/master-ban-index.html

Without PB and PBbans you are inviting those 3000 cheaters easily on server.

As far as IP goes.. we can ban full subnets if needed or single IP's. Azziz is prime example :P We banned his ass from Hardcore for good with more then 3 class B subnet bans.

Not all clan stream to PBBans because main requirement of PBBans is no cheaters in clan. If server is having PB on and not streaming to PBBans, then consider, either they have cheaters in clan or they are being denied from streaming. That is true for 80% clans.

Off course, nothing is full proof but we have also added 'hardware ban system' in silent mod. It's just add measure to ban players where they can easily change IP.

I have also seen clan admins saying PB doesn't do shit.. then my guess is how come we have 2000+ cheaters busted? Most of the admins don't run PB on there server is because either they want to keep cheaters to keep there server full.. or they themselves want to cheat..

If it's Etpro, I would suggest to play on SLAC enabled servers.

Keith is a good example of someone who doesnt quit aswell. I personally have seen PB catch some wallhackers etc before they were caught by people so PB does work, if the hack flags the system.

Banning a range of Ip's could mean someone who's never played that game before might be banned and not be able to access the server.

It doesn't matter what anti-hack program it is, PB, Game Guard, etc, Someone would always find a way to pass it. Cheaters are low life pieces of shit messing with other peoples money. What do I mean by that? You paid for the internet you're playing the game on and someone's on there cheating that's messing with something you paid for.

• Clan Friend

So, what do you think, do you think people hack in the servers where PB is enabled?

Of course they do, but some (a small amount, i.e. the retarded ones) of them get caught. Slac is much better, but not perfect either.

So I generally use my own judgment, since I don't trust anyone as 'clean' even with slac. And if you play a lot you can always notice some (even small) differences between human and machine.

Anyway, I don't think there are so many cheaters around in public servers, I don't see for example any remarkable difference in skill between slac servers and pb ones. Pb servers should be full of cheaters, since it's so easy to cheat there, but imho all the players who really love the game don't cheat.

Well of course according to some beginners everyone is a cheater, but they are not very good in telling cheaters from good players apart.

Sometimes I hear players saying funny things like 'that guy has a wallhack, he can shoot me through walls' lol

'that guy has a wallhack, he can shoot me through walls' lol

that made me lol hard :D for two reasons (as i am sure that you know both)

1.) hit boxes are still there if you run behind a wall

2.) wall hacks dont let you shoot thru the wall :lol:

• 8 months later...