Server Update Hardcore(ETpub) to Silent mod

daredevil

When is this going to happen? Since I moved to my new place, I always have lag on the HC server. This is the main reason why I don't play there anymore. I usually play on Silent where I have no problems at all. Even when the full 20 slots are taken and we have players of 250+ ping, I still have no problem. However on HC, as soon as the server gets near 20+ players, I get some red spikes all over the place. It also seems to be the same for a lot of the players.

Between, I have no packet loss between both Silent and HC. The latency between me and the server is stable and doesn't spike from time to time. It seems to be related to the ET server itself :(

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

When is this going to happen? Since I moved to my new place, I always have lag on the HC server. This is the main reason why I don't play there anymore. I usually play on Silent where I have no problems at all. Even when the full 20 slots are taken and we have players of 250+ ping, I still have no problem. However on HC, as soon as the server gets near 20+ players, I get some red spikes all over the place. It also seems to be the same for a lot of the players.

Between, I have no packet loss between both Silent and HC. The latency between me and the server is stable and doesn't spike from time to time. It seems to be related to the ET server itself :(

Will be converted around this weekend.

This is likely an issue with the transatlantic routing. I have run a check and we have 0.00%% packetloss on our network.

If for whatever reason, I missed something, or if you have any further questions or need anything else, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Sincerely,

Brendan Kiel

"Dr. Worm[GS]"

http://www.gameservers.com

Ok thanks. BTW, by "ET Server itself" I meant the application and not the server which seems to be really stable.

However, I don't think my problem has anything to do with the transatlantic routing :s. I guess that wasn't directed at me :)

I hope the transition is painless on the receiving end. Hardcore is the primary server that I play on, and I hope ET doesn't freak out or go south on me.

Plus this may be a good time to go to 2.60b... I'm still running 2.55.

• Administrators

I hope the transition is painless on the receiving end. Hardcore is the primary server that I play on, and I hope ET doesn't freak out or go south on me.

Plus this may be a good time to go to 2.60b... I'm still running 2.55.

You can play on Silent server to get the feel of silent mod.

After the release of version 0.3.0 majority have asked for to change it to silent.

If you don't like anything at present in silent please let me know.

Note: Trip mines would be disabled and server would be kept FF on. Sound pack will be replaced to something else so users can't spam it.

Sound pack will be replaced to something else so users can't spam it.

OMG thats good to hear. I have seen tons of spam from regular and members too. Is very annoy when they start a vsays attack, one after another (!beer, !beer, !beer, !beer, !beer...in 3 secs :S )

@dare:Maybe disable the thompson/mp40 mix if it's part of Silent?

Also not allow the PPSh else a lot of HC player will complain about it since it will be different.

I'll let you know if I think of any other major differences.

@maximo:

you can use /rmplaysound to disable those sounds. That's the first thing I do when I go to HC. At one point I'm trying to hear about the enemy coming so I put my volume higher and someone start a sound scared the heck out of me. So for me it's always off.

@maximo:

you can use /rmplaysound to disable those sounds. That's the first thing I do when I go to HC. At one point I'm trying to hear about the enemy coming so I put my volume higher and someone start a sound scared the heck out of me. So for me it's always off.

Thanks for the tip Aigle, i dont know use "/" commands :)