Out of commision

HB...

Hey peoples, I recently received a virus on my pc through xfire so my dad is making me take it off of my pc. Can o still be in fa even though it is a big part? Plz let me know, I can be on vent all the time once it is removed. Would that be ok?

That doesn't mean it came from xfire.......

Just because someone names a virus ET, doesn't mean it came from Wolfenstein ET...

Your dad should google the virus file name. instead of blaming you first...

He said I could still have xfire on my pc, he is just makin me take auto login of and auto boot up, but he said next I get another virus no more cod so I better be careful....

I recently reinstalled xfire on a different PC, and my MS security essentials flagged a portion of it as adware (I'm guessing xfire is bundling it to boost revenues). If I recall correctly I installed xfire with the MS Sec Essentials as an open action then after xfire was installed I removed the adware with MS Security Essentials. The Adware portion is a low priority threat but you don't need it for xfire to run and I am glad it was removed. Sorry if my instructions are vague but I'm going on memory. :)

Most likely folliwng Razzled's advice is a good bet to take.

well holy crap on a cracker.

Sorry if it cause any problems.

What antivirus are you running?

Better safe than sorry... I agree though search out the virus and see what/where it comes from.

• Administrators

well holy crap on a cracker.

Sorry if it cause any problems.

What antivirus are you running?

Better safe than sorry... I agree though search out the virus and see what/where it comes from.

MS Security Essentials

Lol and I run avg but the virus was so bad it completely shut down my avg, and btw how do I set xfire so that if I turn on pc xfire doesn't automatically pop up?

Lol and I run avg but the virus was so bad it completely shut down my avg, and btw how do I set xfire so that if I turn on pc xfire doesn't automatically pop up?

Go to your window in xfire,see where it says "Tools",then click opstions.