Anime!!!

HannahG

I dont know if Avatar: The Last Airbender cartoon counts as anime, but I'm a grown man and found that show kicked some serious ass.

OMG I love Avatar <3 The movie was the shittiest thing ever. But the show is GREEEEEAATT!!!! UP! :P

Must be in the wrong place it smells nerdy in here :hmm

Then shoo :(

Edit : OMG page 5 :) So much nerdage... *nerdgasm*

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's smells nerdy yeah!... i have to be In!!! :lol:

Well i can give you a bible of animes that i've seen, but one of the best for me are:

Afro Samurai

Its a 5 episodes serie with an awesome trama, a samurai that is searching the guy who killed his father, but to success he have to fight with hard enemies and impossible situations.

Beck

I belive all of you, at least one time in your life, wanted to make a band. Well this anime is based on a guitarist that wants to escape of his boring life, knows a guy that is skilled to hell in guitars and they start a band, hoping one day to play in the Mega-Music Event in their country.

Detroit Metal City

Funny as hell xD. Its a guitarrist/singer that likes swedish pop music, his dream is to have a band playing that style and be recognized in the entire world, but he have a single problem... he is part of a Death Metal Band! Funny Anime, seriously i recommend it.

Elfen Lied

Well.. dont need presentations. Excellent Anime, with a harsh drama that will make you cry.

Fairy Tail

Actually im watching this serie. Its like a mix of One Piece and Naruto. Funny, fast, high quality, and nice battles.

Hajime No Ippo (Fighting Spirit)

Everytime i watched an episode of this anime, i had the urgency to puch someone :lol: . One boy starts to practice box because he want to be strong and wants a change in his ordinary life. Excellent anime, very catching and motivating.

Rurouni No Kenshin (Samurai X)

One on the best animes, recognized in all the world. Best Samurai battles ever!

Seto No Hanayome

Another funny anime! A boy go to the beach in vacations, and suddenly when he was drowning a siren saves him. Exist a rule that no human can see a siren or one of them will have to die. To solve this situation (Nobody dies) they have to marry! But there is one little problem... the Siren is the daughter of a MAFIA siren family :lol:. Laughter guaranteed!

Soul Eater

Its a "school" where the professors teach the students to hunt demons helped by human-weapons. Greatest battles, funny, and fast action!

well.. seriously i can go on, but im tired right now haha!

PD: Sry if i misspelled some words! (Not my native language)

Well see you then! B)

Edited by Chega

I laugh at those who stubbornly believe that original Japanese with English subs is always better than English dub. I would direct them to Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing, and Fullmetal Alchemist just off the top of my head. Yes some dubs are bad, lacking in either talent, translation, or direction, but that doesn't mean that you can simply say dubs are inferior.

In other news, rewatching FMA Brotherhood. Man that's a great show. Yes, even dubbed.

-RoGue

It's smells nerdy yeah!... i have to be In!!! :lol:

Well i can give you a bible of animes that i've seen, but one of the best for me are:

Afro Samurai

Its a 5 episodes serie with an awesome trama, a samurai that is searching the guy who killed his father, but to success he have to fight with hard enemies and impossible situations.

Beck

I belive all of you, at least one time in your life, wanted to make a band. Well this anime is based on a guitarist that wants to escape of his boring life, knows a guy that is skilled to hell in guitars and they start a band, hoping one day to play in the Mega-Music Event in their country.

Detroit Metal City

Funny as hell xD. Its a guitarrist/singer that likes swedish pop music, his dream is to have a band playing that style and be recognized in the entire world, but he have a single problem... he is part of a Death Metal Band! Funny Anime, seriously i recommend it.

Elfen Lied

Well.. dont need presentations. Excellent Anime, with a harsh drama that will make you cry.

Fairy Tail

Actually im watching this serie. Its like a mix of One Piece and Naruto. Funny, fast, high quality, and nice battles.

Hajime No Ippo (Fighting Spirit)

Everytime i watched an episode of this anime, i had the urgency to puch someone :lol: . One boy starts to practice box because he want to be strong and wants a change in his ordinary life. Excellent anime, very catching and motivating.

Rurouni No Kenshin (Samurai X)

One on the best animes, recognized in all the world. Best Samurai battles ever!

Seto No Hanayome

Another funny anime! A boy go to the beach in vacations, and suddenly when he was drowning a siren saves him. Exist a rule that no human can see a siren or one of them will have to die. To solve this situation (Nobody dies) they have to marry! But there is one little problem... the Siren is the daughter of a MAFIA siren family :lol:. Laughter guaranteed!

Soul Eater

Its a "school" where the professors teach the students to hunt demons helped by human-weapons. Greatest battles, funny, and fast action!

Soul eater is really good. I have a medusa cosplay, but haven't worn it to a con yet. I might some time soon. :)

Afro Samurai is another good one I liked that I didn't see anybody else mention.

Then quite a few of the others I believe I already talked about my point of view on, good list! Do you like subs or dubs?

I laugh at those who stubbornly believe that original Japanese with English subs is always better than English dub. I would direct them to Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing, and Fullmetal Alchemist just off the top of my head. Yes some dubs are bad, lacking in either talent, translation, or direction, but that doesn't mean that you can simply say dubs are inferior.

In other news, rewatching FMA Brotherhood. Man that's a great show. Yes, even dubbed.

-RoGue

There's a valid reason why subs are better for the first one I listed, Ergo Proxy, Watch it on subs first, then dubs. You will realize it very quickly. They give something away about something I can't say that they don't with the subbed version. It's something you learn near the end, but when I had my one friend watch it she watches dubs and asked a question about something, and I asked "Oh wow, you finished it?" "No, just watched first episode". I watched it with dubs, it totally ruins a twist...

If you're NOT going to watch EP rogue, msg me and I'll tell you what it is.

Already watched it dubbed, and I still felt there was plenty of suspense. Not sure what you think was spoiled in the beginning, maybe it was just hinted at and since you knew what the reveal was you thought the hint was a spoiler.

-RoGue

Ofcourse subtitles. Besides that anime sounds better with japanese and dubbs are sometimes just terrible its interesting to hear different language and even learn some new words. Tried once dubbed version of some anime and turned right away to subbed version and stubbornly stick with it. Only anime which I could watch dubbed is "Katzen augen" in german, but germans at least try with dubbing. Well but "Katzen augen" won't be reachable anyways so theres no dilemma ;)

Whatched about half of dozen FMA remake episodes in hope it turns out little bit different in plot in middle but was same old story and liked first FMA graphics more.

At moment am trying to reach to the end with "Heroic age" but maan its childish and annoying with sighing all the time : " oh age, age...". Cool battleships and somewhat interesting story about competing in intelligence against whole universe and combat scenes makes it bearable.

Peace out

Vanaraud

Soul eater is really good. I have a medusa cosplay, but haven't worn it to a con yet. I might some time soon. :)

Afro Samurai is another good one I liked that I didn't see anybody else mention.

Then quite a few of the others I believe I already talked about my point of view on, good list! Do you like subs or dubs?

Totally Subs B)

I know there are many different points of view about this topic, but personally prefer the original voices like said Vanaraud. Some dubs are just like " oh kill me plz " and many times cuts the passion of important scenes. Anyway im so used to japanese voices that i feel strange when hear them in other languages :lol:

... So +1 for subs!

• 2 weeks later...

And has anyone took my advice and watched ergo proxy yet? :D

finished it a few days back :) Awesome show, it just pissed be off because some of the subs were calling here Lil, and the others Real or Re-l.

finished it a few days back :) Awesome show, it just pissed be off because some of the subs were calling here Lil, and the others Real or Re-l.

Yep. That's actually part of the plot lol :P The Re-L / Rel

RE-L

RE/-\L

• 2 weeks later...

Let me know if it's good. :]

Some scores from Animes i recently watched

Toradora 9/10 Amazing ^^

Mitsudomoe 8/10 Moe Moe

Kannagi 8/10 Normally not my taste but this was not bad