Anime!!!

HannahG

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was JAFF in my city lately and went to see "Battleship Yamato" on cinema, pretty good story and ofcourse loved the battles on space especially on big screen. Was really a anime-movie for cinema with closeups of battleships "smashing into my face". Only thing that bothered was all that "oh look at me captain, im gonna kamikaze for you" :P

• 2 weeks later...

well, I prefer manga above anime. But the ones I love are the classics like DBZ and Gundam Wing and stuff like that. And of course One Piece and Bleach, but I switched to mangas.

But the best one of all would be Great Teacher Onizuka, and the manga is even better then the anime:)

Onizuka Eikichi is the most badass character of all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CNutWhmlqM&feature=related

Nah, it's not mecha. Kinda hard to explain what it's about, but it has both good laughs and decent storyline, and when it gets serious from time to time it can get really dark.

Always loved DBZ though I guess that doesn't count :lol:

A friend got me to watch Rurouni Kenshin (samurai X), it's not bad but it hasn't blown me off my socks (is that the right expression?^^)

• 2 weeks later...

Can't believe I haven't noticed this thread until now haha. Most of the shows I like have already been mentioned, but I am quite surprised no one has mentioned Lucky Star!

Lucky Star - A slice of life comedy revolving around a couple of high school girls, one of which is an otaku. Hilarious show! The main character is my idol/hero.

A few others I like that were mentioned but not elaborated upon would be:

School Rumble - If you like to laugh, this is your show! A high school slice of life comedy where anything goes and hilarity always ensues!

Welcome to the NHK - If you haven't watched it, it's because you are unwittingly part of some conspiracy haha. :o

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - A very well made and amazing anime. Suspenseful, and leaves you guessing until the end, I highly recommend it!

• 2 months later...

Yeah anime: I love it ;)

My favorite is Dragon Ball (all series). It reminds me my childhood. I've watched DB 5 or more times and it never becomes boring for me :)

I also like Saint Seiya(Hyoga, Ikki, Athena B)) and Death Note( L <3) :D

I guess I better come out of the closet and put something here. After all, since I'm actively studying Japanese, it would be hard to believe that I never watched at least a few anime. Can't really get into most modern anime, as I am finding too much cliche and stuff that has just been used over and over again. Have watched many anime for casual exposure (now, if only I could get some REAL exposure :(. penpal anyone? lol), but will list my favorites here:

Inuyasha (When I was younger, english dub)

Mnemosyne no musumetachi

Rozen maiden

Cardcaptor sakura, chobits, blood C (and many other of CLAMP's anime. Chobits was hilarious)

nekogami yaoyorozu

kamisama dolls

higurashi no naku koro ni

k-on, ikoku meiro no crios. Kyoto Animation's work.

Theres probably more...

oh darn, forgot lucky star, how could I forget that?

..... and Suzumiya Haruhi no yuutsu. Okay, I'm just gonna stop there alrighty?

EDIT# .. lost count:

wow, this is an old thread o.O.

I laugh at those who stubbornly believe that original Japanese with English subs is always better than English dub. I would direct them to Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing, and Fullmetal Alchemist just off the top of my head. Yes some dubs are bad, lacking in either talent, translation, or direction, but that doesn't mean that you can simply say dubs are inferior.

In other news, rewatching FMA Brotherhood. Man that's a great show. Yes, even dubbed.

-RoGue

I mostly try to watch it in original language for reasons I have already mentioned; or better yet, RAW. Subtitles take away from my attention too much, and are not literal enough. But I do find that funimation and Viz do pretty good dubs.)

• 3 months later...

I guess I better come out of the closet and put something here. After all, since I'm actively studying Japanese, it would be hard to believe that I never watched at least a few anime. Can't really get into most modern anime, as I am finding too much cliche and stuff that has just been used over and over again. Have watched many anime for casual exposure (now, if only I could get some REAL exposure sad.gif. penpal anyone? lol), but will list my favorites here:

Inuyasha (When I was younger, english dub)

Mnemosyne no musumetachi

Rozen maiden

Cardcaptor sakura, chobits, blood C (and many other of CLAMP's anime. Chobits was hilarious)

nekogami yaoyorozu

kamisama dolls

higurashi no naku koro ni

k-on, ikoku meiro no crios. Kyoto Animation's work.

Theres probably more...

oh darn, forgot lucky star, how could I forget that?

..... and Suzumiya Haruhi no yuutsu. Okay, I'm just gonna stop there alrighty?

EDIT# .. lost count:

wow, this is an old thread o.O.

I mostly try to watch it in original language for reasons I have already mentioned; or better yet, RAW. Subtitles take away from my attention too much, and are not literal enough. But I do find that funimation and Viz do pretty good dubs.)

New Blood-C was out this summer, was pretty good. As I didn´t know about the series before the ending was quite original and suprising. Also liked every episode where Saya went singing to school and afterwards slayed some beasts.