Xbox 360 mouse/keyboard

posta124

Anyone use or have suggestions on a good mouse/keyboard combo for xbox 360? It seems this is the only way I can play a FPS on xbox. Did some research online and found a convertor box that is supposed to support keyboard/mouse and ps3 controllers, anyone tried this before? I need to get my BF BC2 on but the analog stick is driving me nuts.... Thanks for any input.

Dont get anything but a xim3 from www.xim3.com Ive tried a XFPS sniper 2.0 and it was horrible to say the least, I just got my xim3 the other week and Ive been raping face in halo as though I was playing it on the computer, corey picked it up and did pretty good the first time he used it as well. Worked in black ops, its prolly going to be out of stock but just wait for it I promise you its the best thing out there for xbox360 and ps3.

I am torn about this, but I did order it. I have read many debates on this subject and spoke to many of my friends about this. Is it unfair or cheating to use a m/k on a console? I know you can use a 360 controller on a PC never heard anyone cry about it. But the battle will wage for years on where do the "best" gamers play ? PC or consoles ? My personal feeling is that a m/k are my best weapons I did not grow up in the age of modern consoles like my friends, i have gamed exclusively on PC since 1997 with a 3 year hiatus in there somewhere. A majority of my friends from work that game are 25-31 years old. Me 41, whole diff era of gaming. When I play xbox other than FPS I really dont have to many problems. But FPS I just need my M/K. I am not going to use my PC gaming equipment, just a throw down mouse and Keyboard and see what happens. I have great respect for console gamers it is a art in itself to use that controller just as my friends say they have no idea how I play on a keyboard. So I just want others educated opinions on this subject.

Is playing a racing game online with a wheel and pedal against people with regular controllers cheating? Dont think so. Also the xim3 is still limited to the same limitations as the controller, meaning your not going to be able to turn any faster than the game allows a controller, pretend your mapping the buttons to the keyboard and the mouse is the right joystick....because you still move and aim like you would if you were aiming with the right thumbstick.

Is playing a racing game online with a wheel and pedal against people with regular controllers cheating? Dont think so. Also the xim3 is still limited to the same limitations as the controller, meaning your not going to be able to turn any faster than the game allows a controller, pretend your mapping the buttons to the keyboard and the mouse is the right joystick....because you still move and aim like you would if you were aiming with the right thumbstick.

That was my understanding as well, you are still in the limits of the game. No diff in speed or turning radius or axis movement.

Dont get anything but a xim3 from www.xim3.com Ive tried a XFPS sniper 2.0 and it was horrible to say the least, I just got my xim3 the other week and Ive been raping face in halo as though I was playing it on the computer, corey picked it up and did pretty good the first time he used it as well. Worked in black ops, its prolly going to be out of stock but just wait for it I promise you its the best thing out there for xbox360 and ps3.

The XIM is awesome. I play with the Xim 2 which I bought before they came out with the Xim 3. Works awesome. In Black Ops I absolutely wipe the floor with everyone.

Here is a lobby stat picture from where I had not played that week because of work, and ranked in the 300's out of the millions who had played that week. I was not stat padding (choosing high xp maps) or anything, but it is pretty much attack dogs and chopper gunner every map or every other map. I am determined to actually attempt to rank as high as possible, but have not had a chance because I'm playing ET and BC2 on PC at the moment. One thing I love is that I can make my controls in COD the same as BC2 and Reach and play them all without thinking about the button configurations.

photodz.jpg

It won't automatically make you amazing, but it certainty will help out people like myself who are used to the mouse and keyboard. You still have to understand the game, the maps, and the way that people play to be good like anything else. I'll be buying the Xim 3 soon and seeing which one I like more.

I appreciate the input. I guess I never really thought of it as cheating it is just what I am more comfortable with. I imagine if I put down the PC and just stuck to the console I would get used to it and be fine but I don't see that happening anytime soon. I am planning on picking one up soon and giving it a shot.

One thing to keep in mind is the graphics difference between the console and the PC. It's night and day comparing the two video sources. Black Ops looks fine on the Xbox. Probably because the graphics are less than impressive in the first place. Bad Company 2 looks like some super nintendo on the Xbox. Since BC2 actually has beautiful graphics on the PC, it makes me cringe when playing on the Xbox.

I don't know a single person other than my roommate that actually PC games. Everyone owns an Xbox so... :wub: my e-friends

FYI - I use Astro Gaming's mixamp to allow me to use my PC headphones and mic on my xbox. It allows simultaneous sound through both my PC and my Xbox. This is great because I don't have to switch my setup around and I can listen to MP3's/Pandora from my PC. It also allows you to turn up xbox voice chat or turn it down rationally to the overall sound.