Anime, why not.

ErikFox :)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like that series. I thought they did a good job on the english subs. Crispin Freeman really gives Hellsing that scary tone. Surprised that no one mentioned any Hayao Miyazaki films. My faves are Castle in the Sky, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, and Howl's Moving Castle.

• Administrators

You guys watched all this 'new' Anime in the mid 90s when they were running on Toonami Cartoon Network when I had seen them new 10 years past. I had my relatives ship me tapes since the 80s and seen tons of stuff that was never to be released 15 years later unless it had free subs and downloads.

Erik Fox: You can check out Akira here in another thread Joedirt, Fem and I replied with youtube vids. It may be 20 years old now, but it is a testament to animation. http://www.fearless-assassins.coms/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=767

Heck even Southpark did a homage to Akira in the episode Trapper Keeper.

Akira11(s).jpg

Ep_413_cartmanakira.gif

And Leonardo DiCaprio wants to do a live action movie of Akira but in New York? wtf....

My vote is for Robotech and Initial D...... Just picked up the entire Robotech collection after watching it for 20 or so years (the new movie isnt all that bad either) and was turned on to ID about 2 years ago by a buddy of mine.

And Leonardo DiCaprio wants to do a live action movie of Akira but in New York? wtf....

I heard that director Ruairi Robinson left the project and right now, it's uncertain whether it'll be made soon. On other related news, Keanu Reeves as Spike Spiegel... :hmm for the Cowboy Bebop live action adaptation

old manga but still the best for me :

City Hunter (Ryo Saeba haha)

Saint seiya

Dragon Ball and Dragon ball Z ... dragon ball GT ... and all dragon ball movies (the best anime ever)

Dragon Ball Kai

In February 2009, Toei announced that it would begin rebroadcasting Dragon Ball Z as part of the series' 20th anniversary celebrations. The series premiered on April 5, 2009, under the name Dragon Ball Kai, with the episodes remastered for HDTV, featuring updated opening and ending sequences, and a rerecording of the vocal tracks by most of the original cast.[39][40] The footage was also re-edited to more closely follow the manga, resulting in a faster moving story, and damaged frames removed. As such, it is a "new" series created from the original Dragon Ball Z footage.

New generation Manga : only this 2 i'm watching all time B)

Bleach

Naruto

You guys watched all this 'new' Anime in the mid 90s when they were running on Toonami Cartoon Network when I had seen them new 10 years past. I had my relatives ship me tapes since the 80s and seen tons of stuff that was never to be released 15 years later unless it had free subs and downloads.

Erik Fox: You can check out Akira here in another thread Joedirt, Fem and I replied with youtube vids. It may be 20 years old now, but it is a testament to animation. http://www.fearless-assassins.coms/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=767

Heck even Southpark did a homage to Akira in the episode Trapper Keeper.

Akira11(s).jpg

Ep_413_cartmanakira.gif

I remember that. I watched it with other people and I was the only one who knew wtf it was a reference to. Obv they had never watched Akira.

My vote is for Robotech and Initial D...... Just picked up the entire Robotech collection after watching it for 20 or so years (the new movie isnt all that bad either) and was turned on to ID about 2 years ago by a buddy of mine.

Robotech is awesome as hell.