meaning of laggometr

kogucik

I make my fps to 75 and is very stabil now.

But is it better to have low fps or high?

as i said

try to lower your fps and get stable (43, 76, 125 good to jump / 71 is good to shoot with dual pistols)

fps has nothing to do with ping/connection

^^ agree

I thought at first he had connection lags. but apparently it is the system

Edit:

if you want to have more fps you probably should edit your config a bit.

(which you may have already done, wich could explain the difference of fps with you and your father´s installation)

if you not able to do it by yourself,ask -=Medic=- here, if he build one for your system.

• 2 weeks later...

thats if you want to get your case in worse position.

Put rate atleast 32000

and maxpackets 100

and fps till you get stable

These settings above are not always the best way to go. Depending on how old your computer is, smaller is better. I would run

/rate 17000

/cl_maxpackets 76

/cl_timenude -10

/pb_sleep 500

/snaps 40

Also for PB issue's

1)  "/pb_lan 1" - Changing /pb_lan to 1 will make PB behave as though it is  not connected to the server. This will reduce the amount of data you  need to send between you and the server. This command works perfectly  fine of course unless PB does find a hack on your system in which case  it will ignore this command and report you for the trash you are. [color="#ff0000"]WARNING:  Changing Pb_lan to 1 will NOT allow you to connect to a server, you must  first connect, then set pb_lan to 1 (it resets to 0 after exiting the  game)[/color] 

2) "/pb_sleep 500" - Changing PB sleep to 500 may be  redundant to the first command, has to do with how long PB will rest  before sending data, I always put it in for any chance at yet another  possible performance gain. (Resets to default after exiting the game) 

3) "/pb_sv_pktsendmode 1" - This will  use a newer net code. Some people have complained to me saying that  this command does not exist or that they don't see it - It exists in my  game, and it helps reduce my lag (or so it seems). So if you seem to not  have this command or something crazy, just skip it. (Resets to default  after exiting the game) 

Now, if you have an issue where on PB  servers you have a distinct chop every 30 seconds or 1 minute (But  always in an even increment) I would try this next command. 

4) "/pb_system 0" - This command will  change the way PB scans your memory. It was put in place to fix program  compatibility issues, but fixed my lag (Which I believe to be a  conflict with my Anti-Spyware - Spysweeper OR Ewido) [color="#ff0000"]WARNING:  This setting MUST be set BEFORE joining a server, However once set you  DO NOT have to enter it every single time - It will retain itself unlike  the other listed PB commands[/color] 

Lastly...  for any of you with 'Dual Core' Processors - ET is most definitely NOT  multi-threaded. Therefore, it cannot utilize both of your "logical  CPU's" at the same time. Because of this, I recommend moving ET to the  CPU windows is NOT using for a MASSIVE increase in FPS (or at least on  my machine running a Pentium D 820 - which is not an impressive dual  core) 

You can do this very easily, once you have the game open  press "Alt + Ctrl + Del" at the same time to bring up your task manager,  right click on "ET.exe" and choose "Set Affinity" make sure "CPU 0" is  NOT checked and make sure to put a check in "CPU 1" Windows will be  running on the lowest number processor (usually 0) and therefore you'll  now give ET a full CPU (in my case of 2.8 GHz dedicated) 

I hope  this helps some of you, but I do not certify that it will. I encourage  you to read what each command does and what it effects. I use all of  those commands and they solved massive lag problems I was having in ANY  PB server, not just NQ. Since NQ is always running PB these commands  apply directly. Thanks for reading, enjoy your games everyone![/font][/size][/font][/size]

Source: http://warhammer.ewh...=161&Itemid=190

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. Is again me. ;)

Today my laometr looked like crazy ( loke down )

Is it conection problems or system? :P And sometimes is only red lines down. Up side of lagometr looks good.

As i said before i do /set com_maxfps 75 and is good but when on server is many peoples my fps use to go down even to 40 :( :(

• Clan Friend

Hello. Is again me. ;)

Today my laometr looked like crazy ( loke down )

Is it conection problems or system? :P And sometimes is only red lines down. Up side of lagometr looks good.

As i said before i do /set com_maxfps 75 and is good but when on server is many peoples my fps use to go down even to 40 :( :(

a red vertical line should be a dropped packet, I doubt that it could be a system problem, imho you should check your internet

• 2 weeks later...

I dont wanna open new topic so i will write here.

New problem. I can't connect to some FA . Its showing this error. (look pixture down)

Its wierd couse its on mu 2 PC.

File is downloadin. its finish and it starting to download same file again and whole the time the same.

How to fix it? help

post-3818-0-62975400-1301421067_thumb.jpg

post-3818-0-90344600-1301421081_thumb.jpg

Edited by kogucik

I dont wanna open new topic so i will write here.

New problem. I can't connect to some FA . Its showing this error. (look pixture down)

Its wierd couse its on mu 2 PC.

File is downloadin. its finish and it starting to download same file again and whole the time the same.

How to fix it? help

You have a corupted .pk3 file in your folder delete that one (or use our pk3 cleaner)

Thanks stabak for fast ans ver. There is many files. with .pk3

I found five files with name like "~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[.pk3"

I wil also drive this cleaner. But ist that wierd that that happend on all mine computers in one time?

Edit: I drived PK3 cleaner. And On one of my wolfenteing instaled on my computer it helped, but on other i got LZ

servers menu ( wtf?) And on secend computer also LZ menu. :o And i can't connect to server with LZ menus is downloading same file as before. HELP please. ;)

Edited by kogucik

• Administrators

Thanks stabak for fast ans ver. There is many files. with .pk3

I found five files with name like "~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[.pk3"

I wil also drive this cleaner. But ist that wierd that that happend on all mine computers in one time?

Edit: I drived PK3 cleaner. And On one of my wolfenteing instaled on my computer it helped, but on other i got LZ

servers menu ( wtf?) And on secend computer also LZ menu. :o And i can't connect to server with LZ menus is downloading same file as before. HELP please. ;)

Run the pk3 cleaner on another 2 installs also.. While installing it ask you for path and point it to where ET is installed.

That will fix your issue bro.