Forum reorganization

daredevil

• Administrators

I have few things in my mind...here are they:

1. Community guidelines section will be replaced by Wiki.

2. Announcement will be moved to General Section and it will have one sub category of community news, so members can report news i.e. new game launches, beta releases of softwares, other things etc. I have plan to use the feeds from that section on website ( off course website is also changing)

3. Help section for game specific will be removed and merge to game section. i.e. ET help section will be moved to ET section and same for COD4 help section. The reason to do that is normally people ask for help in game section in itself most of the time, so why not to merge both section and keep forums with less categories?

4. OS and customization section will be more optimized.

5. The links tab on the forum menu will be removed and moved to Miscellaneous tab (it will be added) on forum top page.

6. There will be 'support ticket' system for VIP members.

7. I am going to add review system on forums. - Staff, Co leader and leader will be able to give you points. Each member will be able to see feedback for them.

8. Store is going to have new packages for VIP, private slots, etc. I tested it on my local copy of forums yesterday and it's working good. I will soon update it on our main store.

9. There will be referral system. - i.e. If any user buys server form your signature (pre provided by us), you will be given full credit of his money after 2 billing cycle. Money will be credited using paypal or you can use it to buy new packages for yourself.

10. Soon you will be able to list your things on our forums for 'sell'. Rather then going to e-bay, craigslist, etc you will be able to sell it directly on forums. You can put the price you want or even give it for free. Off course, each item will expire after 30 days and will no longer be visible after it.

As an user, if there is anything you would like to see on our website or forums or if you have an idea, please let me know.

My main goal is to optimize forums such that everything is easily accessible with less amount of search and at the same time to make it look compact.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

When should we expect to see the above mentioned changes??

Pretty soon as soon as I get chance to work on it. Few are implemented already on my local copy.

I am amazed to see no one has any new suggestions. :P

Pretty soon as soon as I get chance to work on it. Few are implemented already on my local copy.

I am amazed to see no one has any new suggestions. :P

Better organization is definitely needed.

I used to enjoy this forum a lot more. It seems to have spiralled out of control, like a shared group folder at work, with hundreds of excel sheets and half-completed powerpoint presentations and 12 word documents with the same name. You know what I mean.

It seems like we have multiple sections and sub-sections with a great deal of buried topics and overlapping discussions of the same situation.

I use "View New Content" mostly as a navigation aid, if I just go from top to bottom of the forum in general I miss a lot of new stuff.

Overall it is still one of the best websites on the internet imho and one of three or four forums I visit regularly (others being wall street journal, seekingalpha.com, and some UFO forums).

Looking forward to the new work Dare. Thanks for your efforts.

• Administrators

Use your imagination and suggest me how to make it more compact and how to organize it more efficiently.

Let me put this way, what you will do or what you have done if you where in my place? I would like to have some more ideas before I start working on it.

Think, simulate and post the idea. This goes for all. Joe, even mentioned in text message that we need to reorganize a bit. Waiting for his ideas too.

At first when I joined forums it took me awhile to find the View New Content button, and ever since I found I use it all the time. Probably minor thing but maybe make it more visible? I don't know how other people browse forums so that might give some insight what to improve more.