Reinstalling....

Achiyan

i had 'obtained' a copy of BC2 and Black Ops previously, and now i have purchased retail copies. if i install the retail, will i lose a save game progress in my old files? or do i even have to reinstall...could i just use my key?

Your special copies probably have altered files that could get you banned.

Glad to hear you got legit copies. Many people like to test a game before they buy it to make sure they will like it before spending $60 on a new game. We encourage people to support the gaming industry.

Programmers work ten times harder than musicians or movie stars, and earn 1/100th of the money.

Just find your saved game files, cut and paste them somewhere else, and restart the game to see if it cannot find your saved games. That way you know you have the right files. If it can still find them, there may be another file or index you need to backup. Use google to help.

Then reinstall the games and copy the saved games back to the directory they were in.

thanx for the reply. i am a try before buy person, but im also not as "wealthy" (for a lack of better words) as other people to straight up purchase games. hopefully i will soon be more financially stable.