USA to be bankrupt by 2020

daredevil

Yes, it is a bad situation and unfortunately only through pain for all can any progress be made. Instead of increasing taxes just on the rich I think it will have to be across the board and get rid of pitting classes against each other. All citizens will have higher taxes and pensions will need to be reviewed and adjusted, especially for states with constitutional amendments which govern pension systems. We won’t able to inflate it all away either, maybe the fixed cost portions, but items like social security are adjusted for inflation which will increase costs. I would also suspect that there would be an adjustment internationally as well with fewer dollars flowing across borders.

Trouble is what politician is going to get elected stating that they want to lower the standard of living for everyone to help the future…?

legalize marijuana! its our best bet to pull out of this ugly shit. thats just my opinion though.

Good point. If we just legalized all drugs and taxed them, I think US could make big money off that. If people want to be dumb asses and kill themselves on heroin, smart thing to do would be to make a profit off it at least right?

We are making a profit from people who kill themselves. They open up a house/apartment for further rent, without the need to build more. They kill themselves younger, therefore no end of life treatments, which are really expensive. They don't have as much time to pollute the genetics of future generations. If the government was to legalize drugs, then the 'profits' would supposedly go to programs to 'help' people kick their addiction.