Website Mobile Apps for forum updated

daredevil

• Administrators

You can download the update for our forums iPhone / iPad app in the Apple App Store. This update fixes bugs reported in previous versions. Please be sure to let us know if you experience any issues.

IPB iOS app for forums allows you to easily login, browse, and post on our forums from anywhere they are. The app remembers login, has quick links to often used features, and allows members to upload images to our Gallery, and even has Push notifications for new activity.

The app is free for anyone to download from the App Store and members can add the logins to all the various IP.Board-powered communities they visit to easily browse and keep up with all their conversations.

• Administrators

Just to iPod? im waiting something to symbian!

Symbian will be history soon if Nokia uses M$ softwares.

Nokia Corp., the world's largest maker of mobile phones, said Friday it plans to use Microsoft Corp.'s Windows Phone software as the main platform for its smart phones in an effort to pull market share away from Apple's iPhone and Android, Google's software for phones and tablets.

Will there be an Android app comming up for the forum?

I know that signing up as developer costs $25, but still Android is one of the most used mobile platforms in the World, and it's very ambitious.

LOLLLL, you better check your records. Nokia is the most used platform by the number of clients. For smartphone globally in the world, Blackberry is at the top. For SHITTY NA that can't get that iPhones and Android are just insecure device that release your personal information all over the web, iPhone is at the top, BlackBerry is second, Android third.

LOLLLL, you better check your records. Nokia is the most used platform by the number of clients. For smartphone globally in the world, Blackberry is at the top. For SHITTY NA that can't get that iPhones and Android are just insecure device that release your personal information all over the web, iPhone is at the top, BlackBerry is second, Android third.

LOLLLL, I'm sure you've got some written facts from well known sources which show that iOS and Android devices are "just insecure device that release your personal information all over the web" while Symbian and Blackberry OS devices are super secure and perfectly shielded?

Sypher, the app was coded by the makers of the forum, Invision Power Services. You would need to ask them about an Android version.

LOLLLL, I'm sure you've got some written facts from well known sources which show that iOS and Android devices are "just insecure device that release your personal information all over the web" while Symbian and Blackberry OS devices are super secure and perfectly shielded?

The day you will work for one of those companies, you will have those facts and you will know that in no way you can reveal anything ;)

Sypher, the app was coded by the makers of the forum, Invision Power Services. You would need to ask them about an Android version.

The app might not be insecure by itself (that's up to the developer to release informations or not), the whole device itself is insecure.

The day you will work for one of those companies, you will have those facts and you will know that in no way you can reveal anything ;)

The app might not be insecure by itself (that's up to the developer to release informations or not), the whole device itself is insecure.

Even though we're pretty off topic here, you worked for Google and Apple and pried into their device's security? Or am I fundamentally wrong with my assumptions?

If not you should really get into the consulters business and get rich by telling the thousands of large, successful businesses that the iPhones they are using are insecure and release their information all over the web. I'm sure they will switch over to Blackberrys or Nokia devices immediately as they provide a much better and especially way more secure environment and help protecting their internal data with their magic powers.

I never had any security problems with my smartphones and I'm quite sure I'll never discover any as I'm not a complete dork jailbreaking my iPhone and forgetting to change the default password or whatever you might consider a security risk.

Instead of surfing to Facebook and writing about your unfair boss while uploading photos of you being drunk and telling the world that you'll leave to Hawaii next tuesday, I'd recommend reading Apple's iPhone Security Overview for example.

As I am quite unexperienced on the computer sector, you would of course need to explain which part of their praised security features is completely non-existant and thus releasing information all over the web. To be honest I don't see any security problems at all, but I would be glad if you could enlighten me. I'd be glad to have an Xfire chat with you in case you prefer something more instant or consider the forums being insecure due to a missing SSL encryption.

Instead of surfing to Facebook and writing about your unfair boss while uploading photos of you being drunk and telling the world that you'll leave to Hawaii next tuesday, I'd recommend reading Apple's iPhone Security Overview for example.

I don't know where you took this fact, but I've never said that my boss was unfair, never uploaded photos of me being drunk and never wanted to go to Hawaii ;)

Even though we're pretty off topic here, you worked for Google and Apple and pried into their device's security? Or am I fundamentally wrong with my assumptions?

If not you should really get into the consulters business and get rich by telling the thousands of large, successful businesses that the iPhones they are using are insecure and release their information all over the web. I'm sure they will switch over to Blackberrys or Nokia devices immediately as they provide a much better and especially way more secure environment and help protecting their internal data with their magic powers.

The companies already know about this. Did you ever worked for a company that develop applications for Apple and Android? My assumption is you never did. However, I've work for 1 of them last year and they knew about the security issues. The only thing they told me is that as long as the consumers like you never do any research and never think about the security on their device, they will be fine.

Sorry for the confusion, but I'm not familiar with Nokia OS code. They aren't on the English feeds nor in the thesis that I read. So at this moment, the only secure OS device is the BlackBerry OS. The iPhone OS and the Android OS are full of security holes.

I never had any security problems with my smartphones and I'm quite sure I'll never discover any as I'm not a complete dork jailbreaking my iPhone and forgetting to change the default password or whatever you might consider a security risk.

As I am quite unexperienced on the computer sector, you would of course need to explain which part of their praised security features is completely non-existant and thus releasing information all over the web. To be honest I don't see any security problems at all, but I would be glad if you could enlighten me. I'd be glad to have an Xfire chat with you in case you prefer something more instant or consider the forums being insecure due to a missing SSL encryption.

I don't know if you ever had a contract with an employer, but it's called a Non disclosure agreement. So no I won't have a chat with you on xfire about that. The only thing I can tell you is you better pay attention on what's going on! Read a little bit, do some research and then we will discuss about what you have found. Just a hint since I don't know how good you are with the web, you should subscribe to security feeds (I recently posted on HelpNetSecurity):

http://feeds2.feedbu...HelpNetSecurity

http://www.blackhat....BlackHatRSS.xml

http://feeds.feedbur.../darknethackers

And maybe you didn't know, but I'm doing my master at Waterloo University in Security. Again I have another Non disclosure agreement with my University so I can't reveal the subject of my thesis. However, when I'll post it, it will be my pleasure to have a discussion with you about the smartphones!

I don't know where you took this fact, but I've never said that my boss was unfair, never uploaded photos of me being drunk and never wanted to go to Hawaii ;)

You know I was just showing up that you release far more private information while being on Facebook rather than with your insecure iPhone/Android smartphone.

The companies already know about this. Did you ever worked for a company that develop applications for Apple and Android? My assumption is you never did. However, I've work for 1 of them last year and they knew about the security issues. The only thing they told me is that as long as the consumers like you never do any research and never think about the security on their device, they will be fine.

If the companies already know about it, why do they still use them and don't use the all-secure Blackberrys? Unfortunately I never had the honor of working for a company that develops application for iOS or Android, which is totally not the point here. You were talking about the devices themselves being insecure and publishing information all over the web and I was talking about the various companies that use iPhones (iPhones since I am afraid I've got no experience with Android devices) and obviously never had any security issues. No one ever mentioned the companies developing apps and hence it is totally uninteresting.

Sorry for the confusion, but I'm not familiar with Nokia OS code. They aren't on the English feeds nor in the thesis that I read. So at this moment, the only secure OS device is the BlackBerry OS. The iPhone OS and the Android OS are full of security holes.

As I wrote in the last paragraph, I could only speak for iPhones as I've never had an Android smartphone. Saying that Blackberry OS is the only secure and good operating system for smartphones is just ridiculous and hypocritical. I am perfectly sure and you can't deny that Blackberry OS has at least the same amount of security holes. If you say so I really need to question your wide ranging experience on the smartphone security sector.

I don't know if you ever had a contract with an employer, but it's called a Non disclosure agreement. So no I won't have a chat with you on xfire about that. The only thing I can tell you is you better pay attention on what's going on! Read a little bit, do some research and then we will discuss about what you have found. Just a hint since I don't know how good you are with the web, you should subscribe to security feeds (I recently posted on HelpNetSecurity):

http://feeds2.feedbu...HelpNetSecurity

http://www.blackhat....BlackHatRSS.xml

http://feeds.feedbur.../darknethackers

Wow, I pity you being bound to several NDAs at the age of 24. It sounds very mysterious and I wouldn't dare talking any further as I'm not sure if you won't sue me. I on myself would say I pay rather much interest to the market of smartphones and their security and I've only heard of a few Android and even less iOS security holes which got fixed immediately. About your feeds, they all look nice, although only the first one looks a little serious, "Darknet Hackers" doesn't make a dent and neither does "Black Hat" with it's dark 2.0ish layout. But this is of course only the view of an amateur not worth talking about them as they clearly all show that Blackberrys are god made devices.

Don't try to make others look like an idiot if you could only prove your arguments with some vague news feeds.

And maybe you didn't know, but I'm doing my master at Waterloo University in Security. Again I have another Non disclosure agreement with my University so I can't reveal the subject of my thesis. However, when I'll post it, it will be my pleasure to have a discussion with you about the smartphones!

No, I'm afraid I didn't know that. I heartily apologize for wasting your valuable time you could spend on your thesis. It must be really hard not to be able to speak about ones own thesis. Are you allowed of thinking about it yourself? I would be delighted if you could take some of your time to discuss about your thesis once you post it!

I'm done and won't post in this thread anymore. Not because it went totally off topic but rather because I'm bound to several NDAs and am not allowed to post my opinion on internet forums as my government would sue me elsewise. :blink: