Problemo

RecoiL

Hey! I'm not sure did I made this to right place, but anyways...

I got interesting problem, and I dont know what to do. For some reason, I lose all my XP and admin-lvls on all of our servers. Like on FA 1 I just quit game, and next time when I'm again on server, I notice all my XP(exept that 17500, which is starting xp) and admin lvls has gone. Its not so big problem for me, but its bothers and annoys me to ask lvls back when that happens... :s I dont know could there be somekind connection with my other problem. ET dont "save" some of my setting, like resolution, and sometimes brightness. Everytime I leave, and then start ET I have to set reso and brightness again. (sometimes also something else. Chancing them will only take couple secs, but of course would be best without any of that kind.

Yeah, there it still is on etmain-folder.

to play on pb servers you need an etkey,maybe you deleted it accidentally and then you got a new one by just connecting to a pb server?btw always save your etkey on an external drive or email.

Do you use any program to open ET like xFire or other game client?

Are you running Windows Vista or 7? Are you running ET as Administrator?

Yeah I use ETstarter PRO, but only when I'm going to 2.60b servers. This is my old PC, so it runs still XP. And yes, I'm running ET as administrator.

to play on pb servers you need an etkey,maybe you deleted it accidentally and then you got a new one by just connecting to a pb server?btw always save your etkey on an external drive or email.

Cant remember clearly, but someone of those ET error-messages "requested"(not message itself) to delete old etkey, and make a new one.

This is emberassing... I have played ET since 2004, and I still dont know nothing of its technical side. :I

I'm trying to solve this problem today. If I cant make it, I will just re-install ET.

Yeah I use ETstarter PRO, but only when I'm going to 2.60b servers. This is my old PC, so it runs still XP. And yes, I'm running ET as administrator.

Cant remember clearly, but someone of those ET error-messages "requested"(not message itself) to delete old etkey, and make a new one.

This is emberassing... I have played ET since 2004, and I still dont know nothing of its technical side. :I

I'm trying to solve this problem today. If I cant make it, I will just re-install ET.

i remember reading that getting a new etkey is a feature of etstarter pro,so thats the problem?you used this feature?

Btw you dont need to reinstall the game,just play with your current key and update your 8 digit guid in your profile on forum.And save your new etkey somewhere just in case :)

• 3 weeks later...

I got a new problem.... started yesterday, and I have never had this before.

At some poit when I'm playing, my game "freezes"(like usually it does befor/whenn it ET crashes) But its not permanent freezing, its like 5-10 seconds and then I can keep "playing" again. Bad thing there is it does this like every second minute, and usually when game has "freezed" 2-4 times, ET finally crashes. Not ever ctrl-alt-delete helps, so usually I must restart computer by using power-button, which isnt good at all.

Have you reinstalled?

Well maybe your etkey got deleted by a X reason. Try this http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/102-how-to-get-your-etkey-back/

I just noticed this has nothing to do with ET.... Its this wormbox I'm using.. .:F Well hopefully I will find sulution for this problem.