Cairo in chaos

GraveDigger

Turn on the tv and see all the chaos in Cairo. They just reported that there are people with machetes. Tanks are on the move now and there is much gunfire to be heard. I hope that none of you have loved ones there.

Democracy never comes without a heavy price.

The army/tanks are reacting to all of the rioting that has been going on today. Turn on your televisions and witness history in the making. This will be in the history books soon and you will remember where you were when all hell broke loose in Cairo @ 10:22pm Egypt time.

Live stream with the best coverage of the whole situation there.

Last I've heard pro-government protesters had tried to break the lines of the anti-government protesters. Some of the pro-government had weapons and some were riding on horses or camels. Some of the pro-government attackers were captured by the anti-government protests and they found security forces IDs on them. It is speculated that the government may be paying these people to attempt to break down the protests.

Been to cario not one woman in sight just one big sausage fest

Trust me its one of the most populated places in the world there will be a lot hurt and even killed

Thanks for the live stream i will be watching this

yeah I've been watching this its insane

No no it ain't me, I'm innocent... :hmm

But seriously: Really sucks to see a country in such a state. Sometimes I really wonder if those continents will ever get out of all the misery. I've been on holiday there like 2 years ago (close to Hurghada), seen the touristic parts, but also the poor part. Talked to a few people there aswell. Hard for us to understand how people can live like that. Wish them all the best.

It is funny, in the past the United States Gvt. has sought to keep these kind of leaders in power, now, we are looking for a "peaceful transition."

Lol peaceful transition is just another bullshit Clintonism.

Mubarak is a dictator for sure but considering the other options hes the best candidate.

FYI When you have religion that encourages jihad and all that other non-sense this is what you get. Yes I agree the fundamentalists have skewed what Islam is but to many Muslim countries promote fundamental islam as "normal"

There will never be peace with these kind of people because they dont beleive that YOUR life has any meaning.

There only one answer and most people dont have the cast iron stomach needed to admit that destruction is the only way to deal with radicals.

Lol peaceful transition is just another bullshit Clintonism.

Mubarak is a dictator for sure but considering the other options hes the best candidate.

FYI When you have religion that encourages jihad and all that other non-sense this is what you get. Yes I agree the fundamentalists have skewed what Islam is but to many Muslim countries promote fundamental islam as "normal"

There will never be peace with these kind of people because they dont beleive that YOUR life has any meaning.

There only one answer and most people dont have the cast iron stomach needed to admit that destruction is the only way to deal with radicals.

I agree CSL and you living in Israel and all, I am curious as to what the israeli people think of what is going to happen if Moubarak is taken out, for a time there was relative peace between Israel and Egypt, considering the USA convinced Israel to give back the Sinai, Jordan also, and with our current government it looks like Israel may be running out of peaceful neighbors and friends.