Egyptian players?

GraveDigger

How did they 'turn off' the internet in egypt? I was hearing over the news that congress is debating whether to give the president an internet kill switch in 'cases of cyber emergency'. This is total bullshit, since if there is an attack through the internet, it would be done and the damage would be done before anybody would even realize what was happening. An internet kill switch is to slow down civil unrest, harder to talk to people and plan/organize. If a country is brought down by popular support, then it probably needed to happen. Can only walk over the population for so long. Mubarok was a dictator for 30 years. He was an allie of US, but doesn't give him right to do things he did. He had 30 years to turn egypt into a better society, instead he lined his and his croneys pockets.

If you live under a tyrannical govt and are being denied life liberty and the freedom to choose then you should rise up -- in a peaceful manner of course. If the peaceful manner does not work then you take up arms. Of course this is very easy for me to say because I live in the USA and we have it pretty good here.

If you live under a tyrannical govt and are being denied life liberty and the freedom to choose then you should rise up -- in a peaceful manner of course. If the peaceful manner does not work then you take up arms. Of course this is very easy for me to say because I live in the USA and we have it pretty good here.

Yea but eventually the people say no more. 30 years of this dictator equals new government soon. Glad it didn't take as long as it did in other countries in 20th century.

Latest news on Egyptian uprising:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ml_egypt;_ylt=AqUv7ArBTKO9CW67i7iqTLHAGL8C;_ylu=X3oDMTJtOHZvZTVyBGFzc2V0Ay9zL2FwL21sX2VneXB0BGNjb2RlA21wX2VjXzhfMTAEY3BvcwMxBHBvcwMxBHNlYwN5bl90b3Bfc3RvcmllcwRzbGsDbWFzc2l2ZWNyb3dk

I remain deeply sceptical of it. I would love to see freedom and democracy replace tyranny, but I have doubts this will end well.

I don't think Egyptians play ET much. I know we have Turkish players. I think people in Egypt are generally too poor to have computers. I'm surprised they have celphones actually. I guess the population is so huge that a small percentage has the money to get modern stuff.

I've never been to Egypt or the Middle East but I read a lot of history books.

Most Arab revolutions simply result in a new evil dictator replacing the previous one.

I'm in the middle east and play tons of ET :D

As far as Egypt is concerned lets just say that this kind of stuff happens in Arab countries all the time.

Mubarak is a dictator agreed but he has kept the fundamentalists quiet till now

I don't think Egyptians play ET much. I know we have Turkish players. I think people in Egypt are generally too poor to have computers. I'm surprised they have celphones actually. I guess the population is so huge that a small percentage has the money to get modern stuff.

well most of them r using "Internet cafe" or wutever its called , but they cant play war games cuz of religion not cuz they r poor :D

I'm in the middle east and play tons of ET :D

As far as Egypt is concerned lets just say that this kind of stuff happens in Arab countries all the time.

Mubarak is a dictator agreed but he has kept the fundamentalists quiet till now

Don't worry, hamas is every day closer to your modem thumbs%2Bup%2Bsmiley.gif

I just can't shake the feeling that the Islamic Brotherhood is about to make a bold move in Egypt. I hope it is overt so we can at least see what they did, but I am worried it will be a covert op to get some of them further into government positions and expand their power.