Instead of WASD...

AntiThought

I was thinking about this today and I think I may try using a TFGH setup for walking around in games instead of WASD. I know it sounds strange but think about it. That way I could use:

my middle finger for forward and backwards

my Index finger for leaning right and strafe right

my thumb for jumping, any extra key to the right or below of TFGH, or strafe right if my index is being used to lean right

my ring finger for strafe left and leaning left

and my pinky for Sprinting, strafe left if my ring finger is busy leaning left, and any key to the left of TFGH (with WASD I have 1 column of keys my pinky can reach but with TFGH I have 4 full columns my pinky could reach)

Imagine all the hotkeys, binds, and functions this puts within immediate reach. This also would allow for the keyboard to be further to my left allowing me to spin completely around in one direction without ever having to lift the mouse. So what do you think?

But isn't shift kinda far for your pinky to reach with that setup?

You either have small or inflexible hands but more importantly if I have all those extra keys to use why would I even need shift? I could sprint with z,x,c,a,s,d,e,w or left alt with no troubles.

You either have small or inflexible hands but more importantly if I have all those extra keys to use why would I even need shift? I could sprint with z,x,c,a,s,d,e,w or left alt with no troubles.

yeah but shift is 3x bigger than those keys :D

A = backward, F = forward, S = left, D = right

awkward as hell, that is

But slots 1 and 2 are so far away ten ^^

How oft do I need those? I use mouse 4 and 5 to change weapopns

(f*** the mousewheel- it likes to skip weapons)

Something a lot of people seem to fail to realize is that, you can set mousewheelup and mousewheeldown to switch to specific weapons as well, instead of scrolling through them. ;)

Mine are set to 6 and 5 respectively. :D

• Clan Friend

Something a lot of people seem to fail to realize is that, you can set mousewheelup and mousewheeldown to switch to specific weapons as well, instead of scrolling through them. ;)

Mine are set to 6 and 5 respectively. :D

mine too (unless I snipe), but when I have to switch to pistol or grenade or knife? Then those numbers need to be close

I wouldn't be able to play asdf since I'd have to relearn everything :) but wasd is fine for me... after all, how many things do you really need to do quickly? I have all my keyboard and almost all mouse buttons binded to one or more commands, but I don't need them so often.

On my mouse I have selfkill, weapon slots 5 and 6, sprint, and a second jump (because I am too noob to be able to crouchjump with space), and of course +attack, which is the most important one :)