No internet for Egypt

AcidParadox

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol what a bunch of noobs to shut the internet down. Seriously... that's so frigging stupid lmfao, I don't even see the reason why they shut it down?

The Egyptian government is afraid of all the mass protests being planned online.

Mobile networks are also down there.

Those morons.

The Egyptian government is afraid of all the mass protests being planned online.

Mobile networks are also down there.

That should not give them the right to "shut off" the internet.

Lol what a bunch of noobs to shut the internet down. Seriously... that's so frigging stupid lmfao, I don't even see the reason why they shut it down?

The reason they shut it down is simple. Mass protests were planned for today so the government shut down internet and mobile communication to severely disrupt the protesters ability to act together. It is a means to prevent an organized otherthrow attempt and a means should they face an overthrow attempt they can quickly put it down.

I can almost guarantee if we had an uprising such as this in the United States which was both attempting to scare/change the government and turning violent we would see similar measures. One of the common tactics to win military engagements is to disrupt the oppositions communications then take them down in their confusion.

very true...IF they shut down the U.S. internet OMG it would be the biggest riot in history. Think about all them people that couldn't facebook. their would be so many people tryin to not just protest but over throw the gov. lol I dont think it will be long and the whole world will be in unrest befor long. Besides 2012 isnt far off.

watching fox news and had to laugh alittle...police riding in a "van" looking thing with a cop hanging out the top poping off a shotgun at people lol sure he is shooting rubber or bean bags either way still funny looks like a video game like BF or something lol. crazy.

Those morons.

Exactly. The US has been trying to formalize a kill switch that could disable the internet in the US. Of course, they could absolutely do that already, they just want to make it official.

The reason they shut it down is simple. Mass protests were planned for today so the government shut down internet and mobile communication to severely disrupt the protesters ability to act together. It is a means to prevent an organized otherthrow attempt and a means should they face an overthrow attempt they can quickly put it down.

I can almost guarantee if we had an uprising such as this in the United States which was both attempting to scare/change the government and turning violent we would see similar measures. One of the common tactics to win military engagements is to disrupt the oppositions communications then take them down in their confusion.

The reason is obvious enough. That still doesn't justify what they are doing. The reason they are protesting is because they don't like how the government is running, so they continue to do stuff the protesters will disprove of. It could very well just strengthen their cause.

I can definitely guarantee the US government would do the same.

Some other things about it:

Picture of a protester.

Journalist gets beaten and arrested by Egyptian security forces

They've had the same president for 30 years. He has just recently dismissed the current government and will be appointing a new one today, but he will stay in power. So chances are the protests will continue until he is removed.

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThvBJMzmSZI