Why do people give their god a sex?

Urine_Sample

I believe in my money, my apartment, and my clothes. All this listed ( bible, koran etc) were written by some clever people which noticed that you could utilize and easily lead groups of people with these things. Just think about it a bit, people used to believe in rocks thousands of years ago and we are laughing at them how could they believe in basically nothing. But you will see, our descendants will laugh to us how we used to believe in Jesus, Allah, Budha and other religions and "gods" ;)

I believe in my money, my apartment, and my clothes.

Poorly Husa, i wanna see you buying some love or what about some friends, the money ain't all. Even if God doesn't exist you have the need of believe in something, in your case your money. I hope your money will save you.

The flying Spaghetti Monster has no gender , its the one creator of all things i believe in !

Well, is good see smart ppl repplying this kind of topics, but can you left your jokes for other topic or create your own topic about your believes and monsters. Regards.

LOL ? i was just replying to this topic , it isnt even offtopic . . . The flying spaghettimonster is as real as any other god , but us followers dont give it a gender like many others will do with their gods . . if you feel easily offended , maybe cause youre a strong believer or something , i give you the advice to keep away from such topics , its prolly better for your mental health . . . Have a nice day . .

:hi

I dont think God has human figure....I dont believe in any religions, even if I was raise catholic...I believe the Bible was writen to keep a certain control & civilate people....but some scritps got lost & some got interpreted it in the wrong way...thats why theres so many religions & conflicts...I think religions is the reason of soo many conflicts in this world. I believe theres a God...but we will never really know until we die. Just fallow ur heart <3...live ur life & fallow ur positive thoughs <3 ;P Be happy =D

I believe in my money, my apartment, and my clothes. All this listed ( bible, koran etc) were written by some clever people which noticed that you could utilize and easily lead groups of people with these things. Just think about it a bit, people used to believe in rocks thousands of years ago and we are laughing at them how could they believe in basically nothing. But you will see, our descendants will laugh to us how we used to believe in Jesus, Allah, Budha and other religions and "gods" ;)

I'm sorry for those who do believe in God, but I don't thing there's something 'higher' up the sky.

In the very, very past, religion was used by humans to describe events which they didn't have an answer for.

No explanation? It must be a god!

Around the time of the Roman Empire, people where smart enough to write stories about mighty adventures by Jezus and his followers.

Although the first idea of Christianity has indeed something goods in it, it went to far during the Roman Empire.

The Pope was introduced, people were actually forced to pay to the church.

If you had a job in the religious sector, you were highly ranked in the hierarchy.

For everything you did wrong, even little things, you had to buy a paper for a huge amount of money to ask for god's forgiveness.

There have been wars about religion between Christianity and the Muslims.

Even though most of the stories are almost the same, people killed each other for their religion.

Jews have been discriminated and killed, and not only by the nazi's.

They were blamed for every big disaster like the black death, simply because the Jewish were that smart and hygienic that they didn't had such high death rate as normal citizen.

So to summarize, religion was a way of creating a community in the past.

For the Christianity (From which I only know something actually), they ruined it themselves by making the church into a kind of European government. People had to pay for their sins and everything in daily life was involved in religious life.

By Karine:

I believe the Bible was writen to keep a certain control & civilate people...

I'm sorry for those who do believe in God, but I don't thing there's something 'higher' up the sky.

In the very, very past, religion was used by humans to describe events which they didn't have an answer for.

Around the time of the Roman Empire, people where smart enough to write stories about mighty adventures by Jezus and his followers.

Although the first idea of Christianity has indeed something goods in it, it went to far during the Roman Empire.

If you had a job in the religious sector, you were highly ranked in the hierarchy.

For everything you did wrong, even little things, you had to buy a paper for a huge amount of money to ask for god's forgiveness.

Even though most of the stories are almost the same, people killed each other for their religion.

They were blamed for every big disaster like the black death, simply because the Jewish were that smart and hygienic that they didn't had such high death rate as normal citizen.

For the Christianity (From which I only know something actually), they ruined it themselves by making the church into a kind of European government. People had to pay for their sins and everything in daily life was involved in religious life.

By Karine:

I wanted to mention this but since my English is worse from day to day because i don't use it anymore as i did i couldn't translate this in my head from Slovenian to English.

So basically if you were rich you could sin, which is pretty much redicilous.

Poorly Husa, i wanna see you buying some love or what about some friends, the money ain't all. Even if God doesn't exist you have the need of believe in something, in your case your money. I hope your money will save you.

You probably didn't understand me well, probably i sounded like some rich freak which i am not (neither close). I just wanted to say that i believe in my 20€ in pocket, my gf, my family etc, in things i have, things i can see every day and which exists. I never saw god did you? He never helped me did he? How could he? You see, i believe in all things aboved mentioned and i also believe in good and bad days ;)

I'm with you on this one and I think you should hear it from a person who grew up going through catholic schools. I like his perspective: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o