Server Update F|A SILENT RECRUITING XPS

daredevil

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 knife tosses though is slower than bullets :blink:

But if you shoot before, the player is recharging or you're fastest than your enemy. I did it before, kill some one with a knife hs,

• Platinum VIP

I never had any problems with the knife being underpowered. I wish I had the screenshots to prove it but I got 30 knife kills on Railgun a while ago. The only thing I'd request to have changed is that teammates can detonate your tripmines by running through the laser. It'd be great if they were treated as normal mines and teammates could run right over them. The fact that teammates can trip their own team's mines somewhat defeats the purpose of having them in the first place since they need to be placed in choke points such as doorways and small hallways where they are unavoidable, even to a teammate. Otherwise, I love the mod!

• 2 weeks later...

tbh, i think we should remove throwing knives all together, but thats just me, and i like the idea of removing the laser for the trip mines unless youre within a certain distance, and i think ONLY the engy that planted the trip mine, should be able to set it off, including of course the other team.

Throwing knives on silent mod doesn't enhance the knife much. On silent, knives have been reduced to useless. Why knife when I can insta kill with a kick XD XD XD If the throwing knife was poisened then it would be too powerful. Perhaps we can swap out the knife with some other type of weapon?

Actually, can the picture of the engie be changed from a pair of pliers to the authentic swiss army knife?

On silent, knives have been reduced to useless.

Actually the opposite. The random damage was removed and so every throw makes maximum damage. Except when the opponent drops the helmet. In that case the damage is reduced. Headhits don't make double damage however.

g_knifeChargeTime [integer] - How long it takes in milliseconds for the throw knife to charge to the maximum throw speed/force.

g_knifeThrowDamage [integer] - The amount of damage a thrown knife will cause to enemy.

g_maxKnives [integer] - Maximum number of knives a player can posses. Take note that if g_throvableKnives is enabled, the last knife cannot be thrown.

Actually the opposite. The random damage was removed and so every throw makes maximum damage. Except when the opponent drops the helmet. In that case the damage is reduced. Headhits don't make double damage however.

g_knifeChargeTime [integer] - How long it takes in milliseconds for the throw knife to charge to the maximum throw speed/force.

g_knifeThrowDamage [integer] - The amount of damage a thrown knife will cause to enemy.

g_maxKnives [integer] - Maximum number of knives a player can posses. Take note that if g_throvableKnives is enabled, the last knife cannot be thrown.

Takes too long. Only reason why knife is a usable weapon on hardcore and old etpub was because you were able to throw fast. Stabbing is slower too, combined with not throwing at same time as stabbing makes the knife nerfed. I'll play around with the knife some more and see if I can come up with a good fighting strategy. Perhaps if we take out the sheep noise when someone is knife killed would help. I'll also see if I can find someone willing to practice on.

Not much skill to spam arty, spam rockets, spam rnades, spam nades, spam medic packs and sit on them...etc There is skill involved in anyway a person can achieve a medium-high kills in a map. Strategy for heavy weapons would be to not always use them, but also use the small arms and other weapon available. I use this strategy so as to save most missiles for multikills.

I have been playing more on silent, and have found the throwing knife to be practically useless. My strategy involves going covert, and stabbing from either the front or back. More fun to get the kill when attacking from the front. I am getting an average 15+ kills depending on the map. Smaller maps with hallways work better than wide open maps such as gold rush, venice, fuel depot. Knifing works best on maps such as frostbite, invasion, delivery. Doesn't really matter what team I play on, its the layout of the map that works to an assasins favor. And yes, there is a strategy involved, for when people chase me...they usually end up with a satchel/nade XD There are more strategies than just straffing and making headshots. Not everyone is able to achieve this type of skill, so we hone different skills/strategies to make our kills. Just because others don't like to fight one way doesn't mean its not effective. I can post video after video of knifing, and show that knifing is an effective means to end a pro medics k/d ratio XD The nice thing about knifing, you find out who is really a good player, by the way he is able to 'dance jump side to side while fragging'. These players I have the utmost respect for, for they embody the true honed skill of a player, caught off guard but still able to defeat any opponent.