Server Update F|A SILENT RECRUITING XPS

daredevil

• Clan Friend

maybe review a bit the map pool?

I have seen a lot of times someone voted railgun, and ppl quit , voted baserace, and mass quit, voted some nubber version of fueldump with added camping spots, and ppl quit.

And you can't even know who is the one who votes such maps...

I don't say it should be only supply or delivery like some etpro servers, but some maps don't fit with the rest, and there is always someone who votes them.

So, maybe maps which have a good gameplay, and are more suitable for that small number of players? It's just an idea, I can still /quit when they vote some boring map with crappy gameplay and design.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

So, maybe maps which have a good gameplay, and are more suitable for that small number of players? It's just an idea, I can still /quit when they vote some boring map with crappy gameplay and design.

I would suggest to use our map feedback section for that bro and I will update map list based on players feedback.

Not sure if you have changed the admin commands for each level or not but i think we should give lvl 0 the option to do !stats. someone was asking about it earlier on there :D

• Administrators

Not sure if you have changed the admin commands for each level or not but i think we should give lvl 0 the option to do !stats. someone was asking about it earlier on there :D

Level 0 had it. level 1,2 and 3 didn't. Fixed.

• Administrators

I'm going to need my levels over there, just wondering if all co-leaders have their levels there now?

Chuck

Fixed.

Trip mines can blow up before armed, not sure if intended but regular mines can't do that. Really frustrating when your trying to set one and the tiniest amount of damage to it will set it off right in your face before even being activated. Also ammo cap for the pp is 170, which is above the 4x clip capacity that all other weapons have. Other than those 2 tiny things the mod is awesome from what I can tell. Really brought forth some fun to the engy class. Just curious as to why the medic didn't get the pp though because it would seem as though the pp would fall under the same class as the mp40 being sub machine guns. Not sure why the fop would be able to carry it but a medic wouldn't as they are able to carry same types of weapons in past. Good job with the mod though, really awesome.

Thank you for the compliments.

Tripmines exploding before being armed was intentional decision. It adds more challenge to them while still being logigal. The tripmine arming was added for the same reason. The original etmain implementation, though not enabled, allowed to just place the mines and run away. We thought this is too powerfull for escaping/moving engineers because they could just plant them around corners and the following players would blow up on them.

The 170 max bullets is probably a bug resulted when the clip size was reduced with the PPSh.

*cries* I loved etpub cus rushing wasn't alowed :/ now on silent mod it is allowed???? why? D:

Rushing is like allowed on all servers now :/ I don't like it, people keep rushing maps on purpose

rushing shouldn't be allowed on all servers to be honest, everytime when someone rushes a map people complain and asks the admin to kick that person :/

I miss etpub just for this lol, it was my fav server D:

I still need my admin back on there too, guess ima poke some leaders =P

*cries* I loved etpub cus rushing wasn't alowed :/ now on silent mod it is allowed???? why? D:

Rushing is like allowed on all servers now :/ I don't like it, people keep rushing maps on purpose

rushing shouldn't be allowed on all servers to be honest, everytime when someone rushes a map people complain and asks the admin to kick that person :/

Agreed, i don't like the new rush rule now. Just don't allow the Rush.

When silent is full it ask you if you want be redirect toward etpub.

This is another aportation from me, i hope everyone can comments about it:

- As many of us noticed, allies and axis can share same weapons: Thompson and Mp40. Originally allies just can select Thompson and axis Mp40. In my opinion, im not totally agree with allies and axis can select both weapons for his primary option but at the same time it dont bother me (sometimes i like it). I will give my reason with an example:

I start playing as allies and select Mp40 as my primary gun. Commonly axis players choise mp. When i kill them i just grab his ammo to because we share the same gun. The point is that rarely i run out of ammo.

I have mix feelings becuase i like always have enough ammo for combat but, other hand, i dont like the idea that silent mod settings stay away from etpub original settings.

In my opinion it is not much different form original. In the ETPub and in any mod practically, the enemy SMG can be picked up from the ground. The only difference is that it doesn't need to be explicitly picked up but players can spawn with the weapon of their choise.

I know players who want to play with one type of SMG and if not playing on that team they will kill one enemy and take his weapon to play with it. In silEnT mod the players have the choice to have the preferred weapon right from the spawn.

In silEnT mod we added also the server configurable option to include the clips with the weapon when it is dropped. But that is a configurable option.

+1 on the weapon choosing thing, i prefer mp40 no matter what team im on. i agree with raider though that the ppsh should be available to all classes it seems like were singling the medic class out, sure alot of people like to be medic, so what? its a fun class for those who like to frag, but its an important class all around, equally important as an engy, if not more, im just sayin, give us frag happy whores the ppsh! >:)

Silent mod is an interesting mod. Crisp, seems to run smoother. My thanks to all you guys for a superb job! I have a couple inquiries though. The knife took a big nerf. The stab is too slow, and a person cannot stab and throw at the same time anymore (intentional now that there is a powerup to throw knife). Can I get a list of damage output from knife from the different directions, as well as how much damage is done when thrown. Also, does the knife do more damage if thrown with more power? Could I also get any information on covert class, if anything has changed such as damage when in covert uni, satchel damage/splash damage?

+1 on the weapon choosing thing, i prefer mp40 no matter what team im on. i agree with raider though that the ppsh should be available to all classes it seems like were singling the medic class out, sure alot of people like to be medic, so what? its a fun class for those who like to frag, but its an important class all around, equally important as an engy, if not more, im just sayin, give us frag happy whores the ppsh! >:)

I'm totally disagree. That gun is overpowered, just imagine a pro player as field with ppsh, killing player here and there always with enough ammo. I love etpub(now silent), this is not anymore a good place to have fun with that gun and the noise is completly annoying. Just remove it.

@Max I think is good get enough ammo starting with the same gun as the enemy.

@Duck I think, if you throw the knife to the head is almost like a headshot, with 3 knife hs you can die.