redirect to a mobile website

ajnl

• 2 years later...

<script type="text/javascript">
var mobile_domain ="website.address.here";
// Set to false to not redirect on iPad.
var ipad = true;
// Set to false to not redirect on other tablets (Android , BlackBerry, WebOS tablets).
var other_tablets = true;
document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='"+location.protocol+"//s3.amazonaws.com/me.static/js/me.redirect.min.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
</script>

Simple JS redirect, just in case anyone else needs help with it :)

Nice share.. However it would probably be better to use a htaccess rewrite rule if possible because is faster and doesnt rely on JS which can be disabled on most browsers..

Nice share.. However it would probably be better to use a htaccess rewrite rule if possible because is faster and doesnt rely on JS which can be disabled on most browsers..

how would you do it with htaccess? I'm not the webmaster for that organization anymore, but just out curiosity lol.

I used php back then.

You can do it based on the detected device.. Search google for htaccess mobile browser detection :) on mobile right now >.<

Well you're no help ;). haha just messing. Thanks, i'll look it up some time

Try this http://m.fearless-assasins.com. this URL is what my android phone uses! hope this helps!

not looking for the FA mobile website. The question is if you are hosting a website (www.example.com) how do you have it redirect to the mobile website when some1 accesses it from an iphone or android. And how do you get it to redirect to the tablet website, when it is accessed with a tablet.

• Administrators

not looking for the FA mobile website. The question is if you are hosting a website (www.example.com) how do you have it redirect to the mobile website when some1 accesses it from an iphone or android. And how do you get it to redirect to the tablet website, when it is accessed with a tablet.

Try this: http://code.google.com/p/php-mobile-detect/

OR

function checkMobile()  {
 if (preg_match("/Mobile|Android|BlackBerry|iPhone|Windows Phone/", $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'])) {
   header(Location: MOBILE SITE);
}

<?php checkMobile() ?>

Their are tons of way to do it.