It finally happened....I got crabs

Funksdead

LOL...my sons last fish died now we have crabs. Anyone have tips on crab care?post-3163-0-22171000-1292866846_thumb.jpg

Not really but I have a tip for testicle care. Dont let your crabs near them.:hmm

Ok guys, stop doing jokes, they're funny, but he wants help :)

Maybe this helps a lil bit http://aqualandpetsplus.com/Bug,%20Fiddler%20Crabs.htm

I found it on google in 5 secs... just search and sure you'll find something! Don't be lazy :)

ok here's my joke :P

i lobster and a crab wanted 2 marry.

the lobster's father said no, as crabs couldnt walk straight.

so d crab practices a lot n finally is able 2 walk straight.

so, when he(crab) goes 2 meet d lobster's father, the father says - "how can u marry such a guy. such an important occasion and he's drunk."

:)

Ok guys, stop doing jokes, they're funny, but he wants help :)

Maybe this helps a lil bit http://aqualandpetsplus.com/Bug,%20Fiddler%20Crabs.htm

I found it on google in 5 secs... just search and sure you'll find something! Don't be lazy :)

ok here's my joke :P

i lobster and a crab wanted 2 marry.

the lobster's father said no, as crabs couldnt walk straight.

so d crab practices a lot n finally is able 2 walk straight.

so, when he(crab) goes 2 meet d lobster's father, the father says - "how can u marry such a guy. such an important occasion and he's drunk."

:)

why-did-the-chicken-cross-the-road.gif

Yeah, I caught crabs twice from the same chick back in high school. Turns out four of us on the football team caught it from the same girl, only reason her boyfriend at the time found out she was cheatin on him because of the crabs. Anyhow, didnt put one and one together is how I caught them the second time. Never touched or went around that chick again. I been crab free bout 22 years now. Hey ah, wait a sec. We talkin bout these crabs or the ones livin in the sea??

Yeah, I caught crabs twice from the same chick back in high school. Turns out four of us on the football team caught it from the same girl, only reason her boyfriend at the time found out she was cheatin on him because of the crabs. Anyhow, didnt put one and one together is how I caught them the second time. Never touched or went around that chick again. I been crab free bout 22 years now. Hey ah, wait a sec. We talkin bout these crabs or the ones livin in the sea??

Hmmmm...

If you have hermit crabs make sure they are around the same size or have planty of shells slightly larger than what they have. If not when they outgrow their shell and can not find another one of appropriate size they will try to kill a larger one to steal its shell. Not only that but they enjoy changing shells now and then. They also enjoy things to play with such as hiding logs, driftwood, plastic plants etc...

Outside that keep them at a temperature of at at least approximately 72 degrees F and relative humididty of 70-80% (absolutley essential for breathing) (misting the habitat with a spray bottle or a soaked sponge in a dish can do if you are like me and don't want to drop $50+ on a humidity unit). Low temperatures over sustained periods can be fatal.

In the wild they can travle in large packs of over 100+ so they do best with more than 1.

Chlorine in water can be lethal. Make sure you distill the chlorine out. Just fill a jug with water and leave the top open overnight.

Also know what species you have as there are many types of hermit crabs. While many species do well with and without bodily water exposure such as wading or bathing some are fearful of water contact(common example: Coenobita brevimanus) and others must have water contact to survive (common example: Coenobita perlatus). Speak with the store you bought them from to learn what species they sell.

I do not know much about their food needs.