Happy Father's day to every dad !!

THUNDER

Hi there to all of you who have children.

Don´t know if you celebrate Father's day in your country in any way .. in Germany fathers normally met together with friends taking a HUGE amount of alcohol with them taking a little walk and drink until they don't know if they are men or women :drunk

So here is how i have made this day

we (my wife my daughters 7 and 12 years and the best friend of the smaller one) go on a little walk at 9.00 in the morning walking up a little mountain (pfälzer wald )time to climb it 2 Hrs there we have a picnic and at the nearby restaurant one or maybe 2 schorle ( wine mixed with water 0,5 liter) children played a lot after that we walked back home a different way 3 hrs

eat pizza and now 8.00 in the evening wife and kids are on way to bed i had smoked a small piece of really fine weed and at the moment drinking a beer and on the way to play jay 2

Many thanks to my wife and my children for this really nice Father's day :thanks:kiss

only want to let you all know

it would be interesting to know if and in which way Father's day is celebrated in your country and how you have had your day

Thanks daredevil :)

and here are reasons why i made this day as shown you in my post

Vatertag/Herrentag

Father's Day in Germany has a different origin and is a very different observance than the American version. (Austria's Vatertag is more like the U.S. holiday. See below.) Germany's Vatertag began in the Middle Ages as a religious procession honoring "Gott, den Vater" on Ascension Day (Christi Himmelfahrt, usually in May). Although as late as the 1700s Vatertag was a family day for honoring dad, somehow things went sour and in the 19th century the custom reappeared in Berlin as a less refined and very alcoholic celebration on that same date (5 May 2005, 25 May 2006, 17 May 2007). Today Germany's Vatertag is supposed to be closer to a "boys' day out" and a pub tour with the guys (Männerrunde) than the more family-oriented Father's Day in the U.S. In eastern Germany the day is known as Herrentag, but in all parts of Germany, the Herrentag/Vatertag tradition has a bad reputation as a "Sauftag" ("drinking day"). It may make German bar and brewery owners happy, but hardly anyone else. In some regions groups of men (few of them fathers) still go off into the country to have a "Joe Six-Pack" party on Vatertag, but in reality, the German Father's Day beer bust is largely a thing of the past. While in the past a bunch of drunken men may have been amusing, it is no longer viewed as something funny. Besides, German men today hardly need a holiday excuse to have a few drinks with their buddies.

In Germany Father's Day is celebrated differently from other parts of the world.[26][27] There are two terms and/or events of an older origin that while similar in name, have entirely different meanings. Vatertag, is always celebrated on Ascension Day (the Thursday forty days after Easter), which is a federal holiday. Regionally, it is also called men's day, Männertag, or gentlemen's day, Herrentag. It is tradition to do a males-only hiking tour with one or more smaller wagons, Bollerwagen, pulled by manpower. In the wagons are wine or beer (according to region) and traditional regional food, Hausmannskost, which could be Saumagen, Liverwurst, Blutwurst (Blood Sausage), vegetables, eggs, etc. Many men will use this holiday to get very drunk, to the point of having gangs of drunk people roaming the streets, causing much embarrasement to the German people who don't participate, and giving the holiday a very bad name in Germany.[28][27] Police and emergency services are in high alert during the day, and some left-wing and feminist groups have asked for the banning of the holiday.[28]

Some parts of Germany (such as Bavaria and the northern part of Germany) call this particular day "Vatertag", which is the literal equivalent to Father's Day.

That articles really dont draw a nice picture of us germans :mad:lame:hijack

but for sure i am personally not a typical german as all how know me would underwrite

Hi there to all of you who have children.

Don´t know if you celebrate Father's day in your country in any way .. in Germany fathers normally met together with friends taking a HUGE amount of alcohol with them taking a little walk and drink until they don't know if they are men or women :drunk

So here is how i have made this day

we (my wife my daughters 7 and 12 years and the best friend of the smaller one) go on a little walk at 9.00 in the morning walking up a little mountain (pfälzer wald )time to climb it 2 Hrs there we have a picnic and at the nearby restaurant one or maybe 2 schorle ( wine mixed with water 0,5 liter) children played a lot after that we walked back home a different way 3 hrs

eat pizza and now 8.00 in the evening wife and kids are on way to bed i had smoked a small piece of really fine weed and at the moment drinking a beer and on the way to play jay 2

Many thanks to my wife and my children for this really nice Father's day :thanks:kiss

only want to let you all know

it would be interesting to know if and in which way Father's day is celebrated in your country and how you have had your day

Hope you had a wonderful day :D spent lots of time with your family, and stayed happy