ET Log Analyzer for server admins

daredevil

• Administrators
Thank you for allowing this to be shared.

If you can explain, please, how does it work exactly? Does it have to be in your ET folders or is it stand alone & you have to import the log? Or am I completely on the wrong track as to how it works?

doc

Server should be having set logfile "2" to in the server config. Now it will generate log files in the mod specific folder. Open the server.log file using our ETSnitch.

Which mode you are running?

Thank you for allowing this to be shared. B):thanks

If you can explain, please, how does it work exactly? Does it have to be in your ET folders or is it stand alone & you have to import the log? Or am I completely on the wrong track as to how it works? :help

doc

So far as I can tell, the program is stand alone. You download your etserver.log file to either your backup log file or desktop (whereever you wish really), then exec ETSnitch and go to File->open->[directory your etserver.log file is in]

You'll know it's loading when you see the meter in the lower left hand corner starting to fill.

As a suggestion Calda, I would mention the part about the .NET framework being required in the readme.txt/htm. That might clear up some confusion for server admins later on down the line.

I've been having a hard time execting my ETPub etserver.log, but the one off of NQ works pretty well. Just some player info issues that need to e worked out as far as I can tell.

:thanks

Really cool tool, it really help a lot :o

there is a player when i'm around in the server he seems quiet and nice to others players... but after reading the log file when i was at work not in the server WOW found out that he isn't that nice guy at all... flaming around ... insulting players WOW !!! GREAT GREAT TOOOOOOOOLS

• Administrators
is this like the parazit clan admin tools on wolfmap.de?

Nop i don't think it supports log parsing. Someone correct me if I am wrong since i am not sure.

• Administrators

If you can explain, please, how does it work exactly? Does it have to be in your ET folders or is it stand alone & you have to import the log? Or am I completely on the wrong track as to how it works? :help

doc

its a standalone app, just extract and run

program seems to work, personally I will say that I do not like the proprietary .NET usage. I would though like in the next release for it to add colored text support (either color the text using the ^ codes, or simply at least have an option of filtering those out) and also it would be nice if we could also drag logfiles into the program window and it could also open them that way, it would b kinda nice too.

doc

its a standalone app, just extract and run

I think its just a standalone fancy viewer for the server logs. So instead of going of opening a .log file on notepad and then using ctrl+f and searching for an abusive players name, you can just open it on this and filter stuff etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
doesnt work on linux running through wine :(

egrep ftw :P This one was made as an alternative for windows user. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

v1.4.2 Released

Change Log:

Bug fix:Information presented is not from selected player

Included message target player in file save

Bug fix:Empty userInfo entry is not parsed